WTP 3.0.x Maintenance Schedule
WTP 3.0.1 & 3.0.2
WTP 3.0.1 is the first WTP Ganymede maintenance offering, delivered in mid August.
WTP 3.0.2 is the coordinated fall Eclipse Ganymede maintenance offering. The WTP 3.0.2 deliverable will line up with all other Ganymede deliverables.
We will have weekly I-builds, but only teams with significant change in a given week (either released, affected, or accumulated) need to smoke test. All teams will smoke test M & RC builds.
2.0.1 schedule (for reference):
- Aug 03 M Build
- Aug 17 M Build
- Aug 31 M Build
- Sept 07 RC1
- Sept 14 RC2 (PMC approval 1 votes)
- Sept 21 (if necessary, PMC approval 2 votes)
- Sept 28 2.0.1 GA
- July 4 - M build
- July 18 - M build
- July 25 - RC1
- All changes after July 25 require PMC approval (1 vote)
- Aug 1 - RC2
- All changes after Aug 1 require PMC approval (2 votes)
- Aug 8 - RC3 & final build
- Aug 15 - 3.0.1 GA
- Aug 22 -
- Aug 29 - M build
- Sept 5 - M build
- All changes after Sept 5 require PMC approval (1 vote)
- Sept 12 - RC1
- All changes after Sept 12 require PMC approval (2 votes)
- Sept 19 - RC2 & final build
- Sept 25 - 3.0.2 GA
All WTP 3.0.x releases are service releases for critical defects, regressions, and adopter issues only. Specifically, there should be:
- No UI changes
- No NL (translation) changes
- No API changes, or changes affecting adopter usage scans
All exceptions require PMC approval.
In general, we will avoid changing the interface or behaviour of any public method as per the WTP API Policy.
All bugs must be approved by the project lead. Starting with RC1, bugs must also be approved by the normal PMC Approval Process.