WTP Development Status Meeting
Remember, any committer can add an agenda item. Typically, short announcements or news items go in the "Announcements" section at the beginning. Longer items or issues requiring discussion should go in the "Other business" section at end.
Announcements And Special Reports
WTP Calendar Sync
For overall Oxygen dates, see the Simultaneous Release Calendar
Main Agenda Items
- Follow-on releases no longer called "Service Release" - now indicated by number (Oxygen.3)
- More flexibility for new features in these releases.
- WTP has been flexible for new enhancements in SR releases, but announced and PMC voted as appropriate
WTP 3.9.3: Oxygen.3
- Respin WTP 3.9.3 due to Jetty? See Bug 531803
- R3_9_maintenance is open once again for new contributions. Latest repos file is here:
- If you see something wrong, please submit a gerrit request to get it fixed.
- 3/01 WTP Oxygen.3 RC4 (begin PMC +3 after declare)
WTP 3.9.3a: Oxygen.3a
- This release is intended to address Java 10 support.
- 3/22 WTP Oxygen.3a RC1 (begin PMC +1 after declare)
- 3/29 WTP Oxygen.3 RC2 (begin PMC +3 after declare)
WTP 3.10.0: Photon
- Project plans were due some time ago (M4)
- M6 is Feature/API/translatable freeze - any further changes require PMC approval
- Photon Schedule
- 3/8 3.10.0 M6 build
- 3/29 3.10.0 Integration build
- 4/12 3.10.0 Integration build
- 4/26 3.10.0 Integration build
- 5/10 3.10.0 M7 build
WTP 3.10.0: Releng
- Nothing stalled at this time.
releng.aggregator / webtools.repositories
- [After M6] enable baseline check against Oxygen, not Neon; bump plugins/features as needed in all 8 projects
- Replacement for old 8-in-one aggregation : DONE. Jobs renamed:
- Sources/Tests/Plugins/Docs/Features -- all 8 repos should now be producing all these IUs and publishing them on the aggregate sites
- Servertools - integration tests
- TODO: create a second job to run these separately from the main servertools CI build.
- Figure out what to do about the disabled geronimo tests in servertools: are these unit tests or integration tests?
- Javaee: fix tests - https://git.eclipse.org/r/118065
- Dali: Figure out what to do with the uninstallable stuff: org.eclipse.jpt.jaxb.eclipselink.core, .ui, .branding, .schemagen, and .feature
- Webservices: Bug 531352 - deprecate Axis 1.x bundles from wtp.ws; remove features/bundles/tests from reactor/update site - awaiting review/merge
Bug and Feature Highlights
Focus on Quality
- Target to a specific release or "future" if planning to fix but not in the next release
- Adjust severity as appropriate
- Common: 2,258
- Dali: 29,982
- Javaee: 21,056
- JSDT: 4,095
- JSF: 16,104
- Server Tools: 1,540
- SSE: 36,381
- WS: 14,575
- releng: 79
- *TOTAL: 126,070*
Release Bug Review
- Oxygen.3 targeted bugs
Blockers, Hot-Bugs, Hot-Features
- Blocker and Critical
- Hotbugs 
- Hotfeatures 
- Hotfeatures - triaged with helpwanted
Project scrum section
- Each project answers
- What are you working on?
- What are you planning for next week?
WTP Common Tools
Dali Java Persistence Tools
WTP EJB & Java EE Tools
WTP Source Editing
Web Services Tools
Other business - Long term tracking items
- Automated Error report logging - Now in JavaEE EPP
- ↑ Hotbug Policy
- ↑ Hotfeature Policy
- Luna release retrospective
- Standard Format Plans
- how/when to branch code?
- IP Logs selector
- WTP Who's Who
- See also the WTP Meeting Archive-Reference Page.