WTP Development Status Meeting
Remember, any committer can add an agenda item. Typically, short announcements or news items go in the "Announcements" section at the beginning. Longer items or issues requiring discussion should go in the "Other business" section at end.
Announcements And Special Reports
- Congratulations to Chava Zalapa, who is now a committer on Source Editing.
(Weekly Google Calendar)
For Kepler/Luna overall dates, see the Simultaneous Release Calendar
Focus on Quality (Neil)
- Major or higher severity bugs by project (This week - 133, last week - 132)
- Targeted to Future (candidates for severity downgrade?) (Total - 69, last week - 70)
- Untargeted bugs and enhancements with patches attached over 7 days old (This week - 56, Last week - 54)
- Untargeted severity "Major" and higher bugs opened over 7 days ago (This week - 50, Last week - 48)
- Target to a specific release or "future" if planning to fix but not in the next release
- Adjust severity as appropriate
WTP 3.5: Kepler
- Retrospective Continue to add project improvement comments, we'll cover in 8-22 meeting
WTP 3.6: Luna
- Smoke Test Results
- Issues building on Luna base...
- Plan draft
- 08/15 WTP M1 I Build declare
- 08/23 Official Luna 3.6.0 M1 availability - no declare
- 10/4 Official Luna 3.6.0 M2 availability
See "references"  for detailed explanation of what these dates mean.
WTP 3.5.1 Schedule
- 08/15 RC1 build (after this build, begin PMC-review ramp-down (+1 begins))
- 09/27 3.5.1 GA
- Kepler SR1 Shutdown calendar (from Kepler release doc)
| Available |
|Juno SR1 ("GA")||quiet: 9/20||quiet: 9/23||quiet: 9/24||quiet: 9/25||quiet: 9/26||GA: 9/27|
Other business - Long term tracking items
- CBI -
- Our plan dates are on 'Friday' of the week. But, we produce and test the build on Thursday of the week, and ideally declare on Thursday. The dates in the Google Web Tools group calendar are for 'Thursdays' since that's a calendar for committers. We give ourselves the buffer to Friday, as our "public" date, that others can pick up our build, just in case a regression is found on Thursday and we have to respin and retest. [Technically, some might say, we still have till the following Tuesday or Wednesday for some "Simultaneous Release" due dates ... but it's hard to do much in that window, without disrupting everyone ... so we'll not use that buffer, except for the worst emergencies.]
- Hotbug Policy
- See also the WTP Meeting Archive-Reference Page.