WTP Development Status Meeting
Remember, any committer can add an agenda item. Typically, short announcements or news items go in the "Announcements" section at the beginning. Longer items or issues requiring discussion should go in the "Other business" section at end.
Announcements And Special Reports
(Weekly Google Calendar updated through June, 2012 - Yes I need to update!!)
For Juno overall dates, see the Simultaneous Release Calendar
Focus on Quality (Neil)
- Major or higher severity bugs by project (This week - 160, last week - 162)
- Untargeted bugs and enhancements with patches attached over 7 days old (This week - 55, Last week - 54)
- Untargeted severity "Major" and higher bugs opened over 7 days ago (This week - 32, Last week - 34)
- Target to a specific release or "future" if planning to fix but not in the next release
- Adjust severity as appropriate
WTP Moved to GIT!
- Discuss Git workflows, best practices, project standards(versioning) experiences etc... Let's move this to end of meeting...
- Smoke Test Results
- RC2 Candidate build this week
- PMC +2 required after we declare this week
- Work on those versioning issues!!
- 8/30 RC2 build (after this build, begin PMC-review ramp-down (+2 begins))
- 9/6 RC3 build (after this build, begin PMC-review ramp-down (+3 begins))
- 9/13 final M build (with one week of buffer following this week, quiet week, until 9/28 (re-spin would require +3))
- 9/28 Juno SR1 GA
WTP 3.5.0 Kepler!
- 8/31 First M2 I build declare
- 10/05 Official Kepler 3.5.0 M2 availability - no declare
- 11/16 Official Kepler 3.5.0 M3 availability - no declare
- 12/21 Official Kepler 3.5.0 M4 availability - no declare
- 02/08 Official Kepler 3.5.0 M5 availability - no declare
- 06/26 Kepler GA
See "references"  for detailed explanation of what these dates mean.
- Tomorrow - Sending note to wtp-dev, and posting to wtp community forum to ask for feedback, improvements, general requests...
- All project leads should update project metadata (bugzilla targets, release info, Kepler?)
- Anything else?
- Our plan dates are on 'Friday' of the week. But, we produce and test the build on Thursday of the week, and ideally declare on Thursday. The dates in the Google Web Tools group calendar are for 'Thursdays' since that's a calendar for committers. We give ourselves the buffer to Friday, as our "public" date, that others can pick up our build, just in case a regression is found on Thursday and we have to respin and retest. [Technically, some might say, we still have till the following Tuesday or Wednesday for some "Simultaneous Release" due dates ... but it's hard to do much in that window, without disrupting everyone ... so we'll not use that buffer, except for the worst emergencies.]
- Hotbug Policy
- See also the WTP Meeting Archive-Reference Page.