- 1 WTP Development Status Meeting
- 2 Focus on Quality (Neil)
- 3 WTP 3.2.5
- 4 WTP 3.3.1
- 5 WTP 3.4.0
- 6 Other business
- 7 Indigo release retrospective
- 8 References
WTP Development Status Meeting
Remember, any committer can add an agenda item. Typically, short announcements or news items go in the "Announcements" section at the beginning. Longer items or issues requiring discussion should go in the "Other business" section at end.
Announcements And Special Reports
- Carl Anderson is now Committer and Team Lead for WTP Data Tools project - helping maintain this project through any patches in the future.
(Weekly Google Calendar updated through June, 2012)
For Juno/Indigo overall dates, see the Simultaneous Release Calendar
Focus on Quality (Neil)
- Focus Item:
- Untargeted bugs and enhancements with patches attached (This week - 30; Last week - 30)
- Untargeted severity "Major" and higher bugs opened more than 4 weeks ago (This week - 15; Last week - 14)
- Target to a specific release or "future" if planning to fix but not in the next release
- Adjust severity as appropriate
- Untargeted bugs and enhancements with patches attached over 1 year old (This week - 12; Last week - 11)
- Projects should notify Chuck / Carl if it is known week to week they will not be participating, so smoke report template can be changed
- 6/17 M build
- Regular weekly M builds
- 9/16 M build - all teams start smoke testing
- 9/23 M build
- 9/30 M build
- 10/7 M build (after this build, begin PMC-review ramp-down (+1 begins))
- 10/14 M build (after this build, begin +2)
- 10/21 M build (after this build, begin +3)
- 10/28 M build final build (with one week of buffer following this week, quiet week, until 11/4 (re-spin would require +3))
- 11/4 WTP 3.2.5 GA
See "references"  for detailed explanation of what these dates mean.
3.2.5 Bug Review
- Starting PMC review(rampdown) after we declare.
- 8/26 M build (after this build, begin PMC-review ramp-down (+1 begins))
- 9/2 M build (after this build, begin +2)
- 9/9 M build (after this build, begin +3)
- 9/16 final M build (with one week of buffer following this week, quiet week, until 9/23 (re-spin would require +3))
- 9/23 SR1 GA
- Open bugs targeted to WTP 3.3.0 good work triaging!
- 8/12 M1 declare
- 8/19 Official WTP 3.4.0 M1 availability - no declare
- 8/26 I build declare
- 9/02 I build declare
- 9/09 I build declare
- 9/16 I build declare
- 9/23 M2 declare
- 9/30 Official WTP 3.4.0 M2 availability - no declare
- New Owners wanted for JEE and JSDT EPP packages. Any volunteers?
Indigo release retrospective
- Our plan dates are on 'Friday' of the week. But, we produce and test the build on Thursday of the week, and ideally declare on Thursday. The dates in the Google Web Tools group calendar are for 'Thursdays' since that's a calendar for committers. We give ourselves the buffer to Friday, as our "public" date, that others can pick up our build, just in case a regression is found on Thursday and we have to respin and retest. [Technically, some might say, we still have till the following Tuesday or Wednesday for some "Simultaneous Release" due dates ... but it's hard to do much in that window, without disrupting everyone ... so we'll not use that buffer, except for the worst emergencies.]
- Hotbug Policy
- See also the WTP Meeting Archive-Reference Page.