WTP Development Status Meeting
Remember, any committer can add an agenda item. Typically, short announcements or news items go in the "Announcements" section at the beginning. Longer items or issues requiring discussion should go in the "Other business" section at end.
Announcements And Special Reports
Indigo is here!! - Congrats everyone.... Java EE EPP download page stats: 43,505 @ 11:30 EST (6/23) #1 by far!
(Weekly Google Calendar updated through June, 2011)
For Indigo/Helios overall dates, see a Simultaneous Release Calendar
Focus on Quality (Neil)
- Focus Item:
- Untargeted severity "Major" and higher bugs opened before June 1st, 2011 (This week - 27)
- Target to a specific release or "future" if planning to fix but not in the next release
- Adjust severity as appropriate
- Untargeted bugs and enhancements with patches attached over 1 year old (This week - 15; Last week - 15)
- Untargeted bugs and enhancements with patches attached (This week - 26; Last week - 26)
- Build delayed, and restarted - Smoketest deadline moved to Friday at noon, and hopefully declare shortly after.
- latest build
- Projects should notify Chuck / David if it is known week to week they will not be participating, so smoke report template can be changed
- 6/17 M build
- Regular weekly M builds
- 9/30 M build
- 10/7 M build (after this build, begin PMC-review ramp-down (+1 begins))
- 10/14 M build (after this build, begin +2)
- 10/21 M build (after this build, begin +3)
- 10/28 M build final build (with one week of buffer following this week, quiet week, until 11/4 (re-spin would require +3))
- 11/4 WTP 3.2.5 GA
See "references"  for detailed explanation of what these dates mean.
3.2.5 Bug Review
- Thanks for a great release!
- Final Stable download link
- Projects can release separate announcements - any more?
- Still to do:
- SR1 Builds to start shortly after 3.3.0 GA
- Start discussion on smoke test procedure... similar to 3.2.5? Those that contribute should test? No test == passed test?
- Open bugs targeted to WTP 3.3 good work triaging!
- Proposing David Carter for project lead of wtp-incubator project - please vote.
- Enjoy your vacation!
- Our plan dates are on 'Friday' of the week. But, we produce and test the build on Thursday of the week, and ideally declare on Thursday. The dates in the Google Web Tools group calendar are for 'Thursdays' since that's a calendar for committers. We give ourselves the buffer to Friday, as our "public" date, that others can pick up our build, just in case a regression is found on Thursday and we have to respin and retest. [Technically, some might say, we still have till the following Tuesday or Wednesday for some "Simultaneous Release" due dates ... but it's hard to do much in that window, without disrupting everyone ... so we'll not use that buffer, except for the worst emergencies.]
- Hotbug Policy
- See also the WTP Meeting Archive-Reference Page.