WTP Development Status Meeting
Remember, any committer can add an agenda item. Typically, short announcements or news items go in the "Announcements" section at the beginning. Longer items or issues requiring discussion should go in the "Other business" section at end.
Announcements And Special Reports
(Weekly Google Calendar updated through June, 2011)
For Indigo/Helios overall dates, see a Simultaneous Release Calendar
Focus on Quality (Neil)
- Focus Item:
- Untargeted severity "Major" and higher bugs opened before March 1st, 2011 (This week - 23; Last week - 34)
- Target to a specific release or "future" if planning to fix but not in the next release
- Adjust severity as appropriate
- Untargeted bugs and enhancements with patches attached over 1 year old (This week - 16; Last week - 27)
- Untargeted bugs and enhancements with patches attached (This week - 30; Last week - 53)
- Ready to vote for release latest build?
- Please document your Project's testing and approval by Friday, 5/13, noon (Eastern Time)
- Assumption for now is that the 5/11 build will be our final build for declaration.
- We will not officially release until 5/20 to allow one quiet week.
- 5/11 M build final build (one week of buffer following this week, quiet week, until 5/20 (respin would requires +3))
- 5/20 WTP 3.2.4 GA
See "references"  for detailed explanation of what these dates mean.
- Ready to declare RC1 latest build?
- can we fix/respin for "releng test" failures?
- RC1 05/12 (for delivery to Indigo+2 on 05/17) (after this build, still PMC +1)
- RC2 05/19 (for delivery to Indigo+2 on 05/24) (after this build, begin PMC +2)
- RC3 05/26 (for delivery to Indigo+2 on 05/31) (after this build, begin PMC +3)
- RC4 06/02 (for delivery to Indigo+2 on 06/07) [Final build]
- GA 06/22
- Unfixed bugs targeted to the past -- please triage!
- Time for spring cleaning. Project Leads, our Indigo IP Logs are due 5/18. So, it is a good time to ...
- Review your IP Logs to prepare for the WTP IP Log submission. This should be done before the end of next week. The "Contribution Review" tool can be found here - http://www.eclipse.org/projects/tools/ (on the left side menu). It is useful for identifying patches that may have been committed without being flagged as IP.
- please check your project's list of committers, and remove any "inactive" members, by May 4.
- please check if any contributor's are "on the verge" of becoming committers, and if so, that is, they should be committer for Indigo release, let's see if we can "get them in" before May 4.
- Several projects have requested another maintenance release on Helios, so the PMC has agreed it is feasible to have a 3.2.5 release.
- Schedule to be proposed later. And we still need to workout how to balance multiple streams
- (i.e. we don't ask everyone to test every week each of the three: Helios maintenance, Indigo maintenance, and Juno maintenance. ...."
- Committers must make sure the streams are cumlative ... that is, a fix going into Helios maintenance needs to go into Indigo maintenance which needs to go into Juno release
- Nitin - status back regarding Babel maps
- Certainly any "new" maps (such as for Libra) would have to be added ... and doubt if "we" know how to do that for GIT repos.
- Our plan dates are on 'Friday' of the week. But, we produce and test the build on Thursday of the week, and ideally declare on Thursday. The dates in the Google Web Tools group calendar are for 'Thursdays' since that's a calendar for committers. We give ourselves the buffer to Friday, as our "public" date, that others can pick up our build, just in case a regression is found on Thursday and we have to respin and retest. [Technically, some might say, we still have till the following Tuesday or Wednesday for some "Simultaneous Release" due dates ... but it's hard to do much in that window, without disrupting everyone ... so we'll not use that buffer, except for the worst emergencies.]
- Hotbug Policy
- See also the WTP Meeting Archive-Reference Page.