WTP Development Status Meeting
Remember, any committer can add an agenda item. Typically, short announcements or news items go in the "Announcements" section at the beginning. Longer items or issues requiring discussion should go in the "Other business" section at end.
Announcements And Special Reports
- ? - Any other announcements
(Weekly Google Calendar updated through June, 2011)
For Indigo/Helios overall dates, see a Simultaneous Release Calendar
Focus on Quality (Neil)
- Focus Item:
- Untargeted severity "Major" and higher bugs opened before March 1st, 2011 (This week: 46)
- Target to a specific release or "future" if planning to fix but not in the next release
- Adjust severity as appropriate
- Ready to declare latest build?
- Proposal for 3.2.4 build/ramp down and release dates - This proposal is the result from discussions with some committers and project leads. We'll discuss any objections, and if everyone is in agreement, we'll declare this the official schedule.
3.2.4 Proposed Schedule
- 3/11 M build
- 3/18 M build
- 3/25 M build
- 4/1 M build
- 4/8 M build
- 4/15 M build (after this build, begin PMC-review rampdown (+1 begins)) Anything following this would be only for serious regressions.
- 4/22 M build (after this build, begin +2)
- 4/29 M build (after this build, begin +3)
- 5/06 M build final build (with one week of buffer following this week, quiet week, until 5/12 (respin would requires +3))
- 5/13 WTP 3.2.4 GA
- Bug Review
- 3.3 Rampdown plan
- Please test our M6 repositories
- Please check out JUnits running against Eclipse 4.1
- M6 build declared, 3.3 stream open for business
- No build this week (planning week for M7)
- Bug Review
- M7 04/28 (for delivery to Indigo+2 on 05/03)
- RC1 05/12 (for delivery to Indigo+2 on 05/17)
- RC2 05/19 (for delivery to Indigo+2 on 05/24)
- RC3 05/26 (for delivery to Indigo+2 on 05/31)
- RC4 06/02 (for delivery to Indigo+2 on 06/07) [Final build]
- GA 06/22
- Clarification: Java 6 "recommended", not "required". See target environments for details. (i.e. minimum possible BREE always recommended, and for Indigo a maximum BREE of 1.5 is preferred ... unless component/committers have a reason to use 1.6). Questions, issues?
- EclipseCon feedback? Share experiences?
- Discuss 2012 release train ("Juno") primarily targeting 4.2 release, 3.8 release also maintained, but secondary. 'Primary' means built and tested against 4.2 (with compatibility layer), and EPP packages use (only) the 4.2 workbench. We in WTP would still want to maintain one code stream, that is, not exploit new API only in 4.2, right? 3.8 would be tested/maintained as much as desired. See the Platform's position statement for more of their perspective. Suggestions? Assumptions?
- Other ?
See also the WTP Meeting Archive-Reference Page.