WTP Development Status Meeting
Remember, any committer can add an agenda item. Typically, short announcements or news items go in the "Announcements" section at the beginning. Longer items or issues requiring discussion should go in the "Other business" section at end.
Announcements And Special Reports
- ? - Any other announcements
(Weekly Google Calendar updated through June, 2011)
For Indigo/Helios overall dates, see a Simultaneous Release Calendar
Focus on Quality (Neil)
- Focus Item:
- Untargeted severity "Major" and higher bugs opened before March 1st, 2011 (This week: 46)
- Target to a specific release or "future" if planning to fix but not in the next release
- Adjust severity as appropriate
- Ready to declare latest build?
- Proposal for 3.2.4 build/ramp down and release dates - This proposal is the result from discussions with some committers and project leads. We'll discuss any objections, and if everyone is in agreement, we'll declare this the official schedule.
3.2.4 Proposed Schedule
- 3/11 M build
- 3/18 M build
- 3/25 M build
- 4/1 M build
- 4/8 M build
- 4/15 M build (after this build, begin PMC-review rampdown (+1 begins)) Anything following this would be only for serious regressions.
- 4/22 M build (after this build, begin +2)
- 4/29 M build (after this build, begin +3)
- 5/06 M build final build (with one week of buffer following this week, quiet week, until 5/12 (respin would requires +3))
- 5/13 WTP 3.2.4 GA
- Bug Review
- 3.3 Rampdown plan
- Please test our M6 repositories
- Please check out JUnits running against Eclipse 4.1
- M6 build declared, 3.3 stream open for business
- No build this week (planning week for M7)
- Bug Review
- M7 04/28 (for delivery to Indigo+2 on 05/03)
- RC1 05/12 (for delivery to Indigo+2 on 05/17)
- RC2 05/19 (for delivery to Indigo+2 on 05/24)
- RC3 05/26 (for delivery to Indigo+2 on 05/31)
- RC4 06/02 (for delivery to Indigo+2 on 06/07) [Final build]
- GA 06/22
- Reminder that we have (or, many of us have?) moved to daylight saving time, on 3/13.
- Assuming/proposing there be no status meeting next week, 3/24, due to EclipseCon, but that we will still have declared builds as usual.
- Build releng changes:
- - Changed wtp4x (Eclipse 4.1) builds to run only once per day (if changes to source code). Since, it is essentially a "test".
- - Running unit tests also, with Eclipse 4.1.
- - turned off custom access rule handling in batch build bug 325066. This doubles number of access warnings, from 60K to 120K warnings. Either amount is unmanageable. Turning off saves a little time during build (20-30 minutes?). Feel free to discuss/dissent in bug 325066.
- - added a "fast fail" check, if serious errors detected in log, such as a problem doing a cvs checkout, or similar. One problem is that if there are no serious errors, it results in a lot of red "Result: 1" messages in build log notices. Will need to write our own ant task to overcome that (and other Ant limitations). Issues documented in bug 339166
- 1.2G cbi-wtp-wst.jsdt still shows up in "disk usage report" ... fixed via bug 339749
- Other ?
See also the WTP Meeting Archive-Reference Page.