WTP Development Status Meeting
We are removing this section for now - member involvement will be noted by embedded "minutes" within agenda
Remember, any committer can add an agenda item. Typically, short announcements or news items go in the "Announcements" section at the beginning. Longer items or issues requiring discussion should go in the "Other business" section at end.
Announcements And Special Reports
- ? - Any announcements
(Weekly Google Calendar updated through June, 2011)
For Indigo/Helios overall dates, see a Simultaneous Release Calendar
Released - Thanks! - Now on to.....
- Builds have been adjusted, and are ongoing
- No declared builds on calendar yet - details/timing to be clarified soon.
- Bug Review
See "references"  for detailed explanation of what these dates mean.
WTP 3.2.x ?
From previous meeting ...
- As we ramp down for 3.2.3, some WTP (sub)projects are considering having subsequent, longer term maintenance releases for 3.2 stream. Enough subprojects so that we will refer to it collectively as "WTP 3.2.4" (and maybe even "WTP 3.2.5"?) even though it may not literally be all subprojects that participate or have changes.
- Too early to plan dates or details, but would need to be done in a way that doesn't interfere with Indigo or its maintenance releases ... which implies months like May? August?
- Being mentioned now, to be sure all committers that want to participate (or not) know what is being discussed. I'd say it would be fair to create bugzilla targets of, say, "3.2.4" -- if that helps bug triage -- and if turns out we do not have subsequent maintenance releases those bugs could be re-triaged to more appropriate targets. Perhaps the triage itself will help decide who, if, or when to participate. But please don't triage blindly ... only use targets for bugs that highly desired to be or relatively sure to be in that target.
- Stay tuned. I'd estimate these plans to become more concrete over next few months.
- Remember 3.3 API freeze is M6 (Next week...)
- Bug Review
- Ready to declare latest build toward M6?
- M6 03/10 (for delivery to Indigo+2 on 03/15)
- M7 04/28 (for delivery to Indigo+2 on 05/03)
- RC1 05/12 (for delivery to Indigo+2 on 05/17)
- RC2 05/19 (for delivery to Indigo+2 on 05/24)
- RC3 05/26 (for delivery to Indigo+2 on 05/31)
- RC4 06/02 (for delivery to Indigo+2 on 06/07) [Final build]
- GA 06/22
- bug 336519 - Move to use license (EUA) files/technique
- How's Ant 1.8.2? Any issues? Anything better?
- Lets discuss use of disk space on Hudson build server? And, the running on slave machines?
- Request to set "simultaneous release" flag in Portal ... two hold-outs remain?
- Hotbug Policy
- Our plan dates are on 'Friday' of the week. But, we produce and test the build on Thursday of the week, and ideally declare on Thursday. The dates in the Google Web Tools group calendar are for 'Thursdays' since that's a calendar for committers. We give ourselves the buffer to Friday, as our "public" date, that others can pick up our build, just in case a regression is found on Thursday and we have to respin and retest. [Technically, some might say, we still have till the following Tuesday or Wednesday for some "Simultaneous Release" due dates ... but it's hard to do much in that window, without disrupting everyone ... so we'll not use that buffer, except for the worst emergencies.]
See also the WTP Meeting Archive-Reference Page.