WTP Development Status Meeting
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Remember, any committer can add an agenda item. Typically, short announcements or news items go in the "Announcements" section at the beginning. Longer items or issues requiring discussion should go in the "Other business" section at end.
Announcements And Special Reports
(Weekly Google Calendar updated through June, 2010)
For Helios overall dates, see a Simultaneous Release Calendar
- Ready to
declare latest build?release?!
- 9/24 Official Release
See "references"  for detailed explanation of what these dates mean.
I have tagged WTP map files with
R3_2_2 (Dali with R2_3_2)
And suggest you do the same with your code.
3.2.3 build job will be created soon (next week?) to continue builds of R3_2_maintenance branch
Smoke tests and declared M builds will resume in ... January?
- Ready to declare latest build?
- Do we need to move smoke test deadline to Friday? (Need Indigo contribution by Tuesday, 9/28)
- Be sure to read/review Eclipse Platform plan
- Project Leads: See subproject plan documents under
- Initial Planning document by M2
- Iterate/Review plans by M3
- Final Plans by M4
- improve Java EE 6 support
- e4 (Eclipse 4.1) tolerance (no exploitation of non compatible function planned)
- Objective is to work with both Platform 3.7 and 4.1 (with only one set of compiled code ... compiled against 3.76)
Other Candidate Themes?
Anyone interested in these? Resources available? Do they cross projects, or just enhancement to one or two?
- Maven enablement support (at least make more friendly for maven users, if not direct support)
- OSGi enterprise support
- Any items from "top 10" list of problems to focus on. deadlocks? performance? modularity? api? test coverage?
- ... ?
8/13 WTP M1 (and first declared build)
9/24 WTP M2 (technically contribute to Indigo on Tuesday, +2 day)
- Our plan dates are on 'Friday' of the week. But, we produce and test the build on Thursday of the week, and ideally declare on Thursday. The dates in the Google Web Tools group calendar are for 'Thursdays' since that's a calendar for committers. We give ourselves the buffer to Friday, as our "public" date, that others can pick up our build, just in case a regression is found on Thursday and we have to respin and retest. [Technically, some might say, we still have till the following Tuesday or Wednesday for some "Simultaneous Release" due dates ... but it's hard to do much in that window, without disrupting everyone ... so we'll not use that buffer, except for the worst emergencies.]
See also the WTP Meeting Archive-Reference Page.