WTP Development Status Meeting
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Remember, any committer can add an agenda item. Typically, short announcements or news items go in the "Announcements" section at the beginning. Longer items or issues requiring discussion should go in the "Other business" section at end.
Announcements And Special Reports
(Weekly Google Calendar updated through June, 2010)
For Helios overall dates, see a Simultaneous Release Calendar
- Ready to release?
- Bug Review
- 6/16 Map files branched, M (continuous) builds started
- Project lead review and approval until July 1
- 7/1 Declared M-build RC1
- PMC +1 review: July 2 - July 8
- 7/8 Declared M-build RC2
- PMC +2 review: July 9 - July 15
- 7/15 Declared M-build RC3 <== final build, unless blockers found
- PMC +3 review: July 16 - July 22
- 7/22 Declared M-build RC4 <== final build, if needed
- July 23 - July 30 is "quiet week" to allow in depth testing with no changes
- 7/30 Official Release
See "references"  for detailed explanation of what these dates mean.
Initial Planning during July? Final plans by end of September?
Working assumption: objective is to work with both Platform 3.7 and 4.1?
- See subproject plan documents under
- improve Java EE 6 support
- e4 (Eclipse 4.1) tolerance (no explotation of non compatible function planned)
Other Candidate Themes?
Anyone interested in these? Resources available? Do they cross projects, or just enhancement to one or two?
- Maven enablement support (at least make more friendly for maven users, if not direct support)
- OSGi enterprise support
- Any items from "top 10" list of problems to focus on. deadlocks? performance? modularity? api? test coverage?
- ... ?
I think our WTP M1 will be around 8/13?
- Hotbug Policy
- Our plan dates are on 'Friday' of the week. But, we produce and test the build on Thursday of the week, and ideally declare on Thursday. The dates in the Google Web Tools group calendar are for 'Thursdays' since that's a calendar for committers. We give ourselves the buffer to Friday, as our "public" date, that others can pick up our build, just in case a regression is found on Thursday and we have to respin and retest. [Technically, some might say, we still have till the following Tuesday or Wednesday for some "Simultaneous Release" due dates ... but it's hard to do much in that window, without disrupting everyone ... so we'll not use that buffer, except for the worst emergencies.]
See also the WTP Meeting Archive-Reference Page.