WTP Development Status Meeting
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Remember, any committer can add an agenda item. Typically, short announcements or news items go in the "Announcements" section at the beginning. Longer items or issues requiring discussion should go in the "Other business" section at end.
Announcements And Special Reports
(Weekly Google Calendar updated through June, 2010)
For Helios overall dates, see a Simultaneous Release Calendar
- Ready to declare latest build?
- Bug Review
- 6/16 Map files branched, M (continuous) builds started
- Project lead review and approval until July 1
- 7/1 Declared M-build RC1 <== you are here
- PMC +1 review: July 2 - July 8
- 7/8 Declared M-build RC2
- PMC +2 review: July 9 - July 15
- 7/15 Declared M-build RC3 <== final build, unless blockers found
- PMC +3 review: July 16 - July 22
- 7/22 Declared M-build RC4 <== final build, if needed
- July 23 - July 30 is "quiet week" to allow in depth testing with no changes
- 7/30 Official Release
See "references"  for detailed explanation of what these dates mean.
Initial Planning during July? Final plans by end of September?
Working assumption: objective is to work with both Platform 3.7 and 4.1?
Eclipse 4.0 "comes with" following bundles from EMF: Does anyone know right off ... is this all we need (at runtime) from EMF?
Answer: we need at least emf.edit (if not others).
- We discussed bug for API addition: bug 120376
- PMC would approve, but ... first choice should be to increment only service field (not minor field, as would sometimes be the case with "new API". Adopters can (still) specify a version range such as for example [1.3.4,2.0) to make sure they "get" the bundle with the right level of service for the new API.
- There was a request for ... and PLs reminded to ... create the "3.3" and "3.3 Mx" targets.
- Hotbug Policy
- Our plan dates are on 'Friday' of the week. But, we produce and test the build on Thursday of the week, and ideally declare on Thursday. The dates in the Google Web Tools group calendar are for 'Thursdays' since that's a calendar for committers. We give ourselves the buffer to Friday, as our "public" date, that others can pick up our build, just in case a regression is found on Thursday and we have to respin and retest. [Technically, some might say, we still have till the following Tuesday or Wednesday for some "Simultaneous Release" due dates ... but it's hard to do much in that window, without disrupting everyone ... so we'll not use that buffer, except for the worst emergencies.]
See also the WTP Meeting Archive-Reference Page.