WTP Development Status Meeting
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Remember, any committer can add an agenda item. Typically, short announcements or news items go in the "Announcements" section at the beginning. Longer items or issues requiring discussion should go in the "Other business" section at end.
Announcements And Special Reports
(Weekly Google Calendar updated through June, 2010)
For Helios overall dates, see a Simultaneous Release Calendar
- WTP 3.2 is done! ... almost:
- Helios Release! 06/23
- check "old help for new friends V" to see if anything needs to be added.
- tag your released code with R3_2_0 (or R1_2_0 (JSDT), or R2_3_0 (Dali))
- makes later comparisons easier ... but, tagged map files are the final authority (vS20100615235519)
- The releng team
- rename to "R" builds
- prep and finalize repository (http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/repository/helios/)
- prep for final downloads page (e.g. update prereq URLs)
- Final N&N polish/links?
- 3.2 Announcement?
- builds have been set up and are running
- recommend committers setup specific workspace for maintenance work, with final pde target runtime, etc.
- be sure to use appropriate branch of map files
- R3_2_maintenance (most)
- R1_2_maintenance (JSDT)
- R2_3_maintenance (Dali)
- how/when to branch code?
In brief, while you are doing ONLY maintenance (so maintenance and "next major release" are exactly the same code) you can develop in only HEAD, but just be sure to release to the branched map files. You can merge (or "compare") HEAD map files with branched map files, so they have the exact same version tags in both map files ... that is, there is no need to "release" twice (should have exact same version and qualifier in both builds, if code is really exactly the same).
Remember to bump service field version ... normally +1, if destined for WTP 3.2.1, +100 only required if doing service for next major release, that will not be in a service release.
Once maintenance and "next major release" code streams start to differ, we have agreed, in the past, that code in the same map file, should all be branched together, at the same time, and comments in the map file updated. This makes it easier for others to "load up" an environment for what ever stream they are working on, where as if done bundle by bundle, no one can easily figure that out what's what.
- Bug Review
For both our specific project, and the overall Helios release.
Provide input to Planning council retrospective meeting on 7/7.
See last year's notes.
and this year's page.
See also the WTP Meeting Archive-Reference Page.