WTP Development Status Meeting
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Remember, any committer can add an agenda item. Typically, short announcements or news items go in the "Announcements" section at the beginning. Longer items or issues requiring discussion should go in the "Other business" section at end.
Announcements And Special Reports
- Important Deadline: Did you get your taxes done? :)
(Weekly Google Calendar updated through June, 2010)
For Helios overall dates, see a Simultaneous Release Calendar
Quality Focus Items (Neil)
- Focus Item:
- Untargeted severity "Major" and higher bugs opened before March 1st, 2010 (Current: 27)
- Target to a specific release or "future" if planning to fix but not in the next release
- Adjust severity as appropriate
- Previous Focus Item:
- Untargeted bugs with patches attached opened before March 1st, 2010 (Current: 14)
- Mark invalid patches as obsolete
- Target bugs to a release or "future" if not a current release
- Old Bugs
- Triage to WONTFIX if no further action is planned on this item (or at least mark as "helpwanted" if you don't wish to change the resolution of the bug)
- Set a target of "Future" or a specific release/milestone if you do plan on taking on this item in the future
- Ready to declare latest build?
Remember we need to ramp down!
- M7 04/30
- RC1 05/14 (followed by weekly RCs, if needed)
- Final WTP 3.2 build 06/10
- (06/23 Helios Release)
See "references"  for detailed explanation of what these dates mean.
- Hotbug Policy
- Our plan dates are on 'Friday' of the week. But, we produce and test the build on Thursday of the week, and ideally declare on Thursday. The dates in the Google Web Tools group calendar are for 'Thursdays' since that's a calendar for committers. We give ourselves the buffer to Friday, as our "public" date, that others can pick up our build, just in case a regression is found on Thursday and we have to respin and retest. [Technically, some might say, we still have till the following Tuesday or Wednesday for some "Simultaneous Release" due dates ... but it's hard to do much in that window, without disrupting everyone ... so we'll not use that buffer, except for the worst emergencies.]
See also the WTP Meeting Archive-Reference Page.