WTP Development Status Meeting
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Remember, any committer can add an agenda item. Typically, short announcements or news items go in the "Announcements" section at the beginning. Longer items or issues requiring discussion should go in the "Other business" section at end.
Announcements And Special Reports
- JSDT is moving cvs location, Friday. Anyone with JSDT checked out will need to delete those workspace projects, and re-checkout from new location.
- JAX-WS has formally proposed move. Webservices committers need to vote, on wtp-dev.
- Changed Retention Policy
(Weekly Google Calendar updated through June, 2010)
For Galileo and Helios overall dates, see a Simultaneous Release Calendar
Quality Focus Items (Neil)
- Focus Item:
- Untargeted bugs with patches attached opened before Jan 1st, 2010 (Current: 16, Last week: 18)
- Mark invalid patches as obsolete
- Target bugs to a release or "future" if not a current release
WTP 3.1.2 - Galileo SR2
- (02/26 Galileo SR2) (WTP 3.1.2)
- Required PMC Review remains in effect.
- Ready to declare latest build?
- M6 03/12 - API, UI Freeze. Accessibility Reports.
- M7 04/30
- RC1 05/14 (followed by weekly RCs, if needed)
- Final WTP 3.2 build 06/10
- (06/23 Helios Release)
Note: these (and our plan dates) are on 'Friday' of the week. But, we produce and test the build on Thursday of the week, and ideally declare on Thursday. The dates in the Google Web Tools group calendar are for 'Thursdays' since that's a calendar for committers. We give ourselves the buffer to Friday, as our "public" date, that others can pick up our build, just in case a regression is found on Thursday and we have to respin and retest. [Technically, some might say, we still have till the following Tuesday or Wednesday for "Simultaneous Release" due date ... but it's hard to do much in that window, without disrupting everyone ... so we'd not use that buffer, except for the worst emergencies.]
- EclipseCon "WTP Meeting" ... Tuesday evening, 6 to 7? Unfortunately overlaps with "Exhibitors Reception" ... but, hard to find a "free" time?
- Heads up: "update URL" to change for Helios. /webtools/repository/helios?
- we require some
quickchanges for JUnit V4
- Accessibility checklist required by end of M6 (at latest)
TODO: create a wiki "form" representing the above lists, for sub-projects to fill in.
See also the WTP Meeting Archive-Reference Page.