WTP Development Status Meeting
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Remember, any committer can add an agenda item. Typically, short announcements or news items go in the "Announcements" section at the beginning. Longer items or issues requiring discussion should go in the "Other business" section at end.
Announcements And Special Reports
- Nominate your favorites. Deadline 1/29.
- It is time to submit proposals for EclipseCon 2010. Deadline is December 18.
- This blog entry by Program Chair gives a good overview of what is expected and desired for this year's EclipseCon.
(Weekly Google Calendar updated through June, 2010)
For Galileo and Helios overall dates, see a Simultaneous Release Calendar
Quality Focus Items (Neil) -- No more quality focus ... until next year!
Declared builds to resume in January -- we'll land in the new year running!
See also the Galileo ramp down dates
- 01/08 M Build
- 01/15 M Build for SR2 RC1
- 01/29 M Build for SR2 RC2 (PMC Review starts following this build)
- 02/05 M Build for SR2 RC3 Can this be our final build?
- 02/12 R Build Final Build
- (02/26 Galileo SR2) (WTP 3.1.2) (fourth Friday of February)
Galileo Maintenance Plan
See WTP_3.1.x_Maintenance for documentation of scope of maintenance and approvals required.
- No Build to declare this week (Planning week)
- Project Leads: please update your Portal Metadata to reflect your plan to participate in Helios Release.
- Dali already has
- Nearly everything we do is "rolled up", but this is one thing we should be project-specific on, since EMO uses for some IP Review priority, if needed. The auto-ip logs might end up using it, etc.
- Any new CQs required for new Java EE spec's? Remember "end of M5" will be deadline for all Helios CQ's to be submitted.
- M3 11/06
- M4 12/11
- M5 01/29
- M6 03/12
- M7 04/30
- RC1 05/14 (followed by weekly RCs, if needed)
- Final WTP 3.2 build 06/10
- (06/23 Helios Release)
Note: these (and our plan dates) are on 'Friday' of the week. But, we produce and test the build on Thursday of the week, and ideally declare on Thursday. The dates in the Google Web Tools group calendar are for 'Thursdays' since that's a calendar for committers. We give ourselves the buffer to Friday, as our "public" date, that others can pick up our build, just in case a regression is found on Thursday and we have to respin and retest. [Technically, some might say, we still have till the following Tuesday or Wednesday for "Simultaneous Release" due date ... but it's hard to do much in that window, without disrupting everyone ... so we'd not use that buffer, except for the worst emergencies.]
- Ok to remove unused performance bundles? See bug 295202.
- Have heard from all but a few teams.
- we require some
quickchanges for JUnit V4
- Team Programming: who has solved the model-xml-emf-schema-network issue before? (See bug 296544).
- Team Programming: who can write a FAQ on "how to delete a project during unit tests"?
See also the WTP Meeting Archive-Reference Page.