WTP Development Status Meeting
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Remember, any committer can add an agenda item. Typically, short announcements or news items go in the "Announcements" section at the beginning. Longer items or issues requiring discussion should go in the "Other business" section at end.
Announcements And Special Reports
- It is time to submit proposals for EclipseCon 2010. Deadline is December 18.
- This blog entry by Program Chair gives a good overview of what is expected and desired for this year's EclipseCon.
- And now there is an "early submission initiative" ... 12/10 deadline. Submit often, submit early!
(Weekly Google Calendar updated through June, 2010)
For Galileo and Helios overall dates, see a Simultaneous Release Calendar
Quality Focus Items (Neil)
- Focus Item:
- Untargeted severity "Major" and higher bugs opened before Oct 1st, 2009 (Current: 1 - Previous: 3)
- Target to a specific release or "future" if planning to fix but not in the next release
- Adjust severity as appropriate
- Ongoing Focus Items:
- Untargeted bugs with patches attached opened before August 1st, 2009 (Current: 11 - Previous: 15)
- Untargeted bugs with patches attached opened before Oct 1st, 2009 (Current: 17 - Previous: 21)
- Mark invalid patches as obsolete
- Target bugs to a release or "future" if not a current release
Declared builds to resume in January.
See also the Galileo ramp down dates
- 01/08 M Build
- 01/15 M Build for SR2 RC1
- 01/29 M Build for SR2 RC2 (PMC Review starts following this build)
- 02/05 M Build for SR2 RC3 Can this be our final build?
- 02/12 R Build Final Build
- (02/26 Galileo SR2) (WTP 3.1.2) (fourth Friday of February)
Galileo Maintenance Plan
See WTP_3.1.x_Maintenance for documentation of scope of maintenance and approvals required.
- Ready to declare latest build?
- M3 11/06
- M4 12/11
- M5 01/29
- M6 03/12
- M7 04/30
- RC1 05/14 (followed by weekly RCs, if needed)
- Final WTP 3.2 build 06/10
- (06/23 Helios Release)
Note: these (and our plan dates) are on 'Friday' of the week. But, we produce and test the build on Thursday of the week, and ideally declare on Thursday. The dates in the Google Web Tools group calendar are for 'Thursdays' since that's a calendar for committers. We give ourselves the buffer to Friday, as our "public" date, that others can pick up our build, just in case a regression is found on Thursday and we have to respin and retest. [Technically, some might say, we still have till the following Tuesday or Wednesday for "Simultaneous Release" due date ... but it's hard to do much in that window, without disrupting everyone ... so we'd not use that buffer, except for the worst emergencies.]
- Ok to remove unused performance bundles? See bug 295202.
- Have heard from all but a few teams.
- we require some quick changes for JUnit V4
See also the WTP Meeting Archive-Reference Page.