WTP Development Status Meeting
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Announcements And Special Reports
- It's New & Noteworthy time for M1.
- Remember eclipse.org has some downtime scheduled for this weekend and next.
- WTP 3.2 will be in June, 2010, as part of Helios
- High level implications:
- scratch use of "3.3"
- use "helios" folder for standard plans, instead of "WTP 3.2"
- Plans no longer due this week, but hopefully will see incremental progress soon.
- xsl component complications (tbd, will have "source editing" call later, if needed)
- Notes: will need to discuss more when concrete, but could investigate a minimal release
- JBoss Studio and Module Dependencies?
- Notes: Max will discuss details at JEE meetings, but sounds like as long as Module dependencies are finalized this year (M3? M4?) then JBoss can adapt.
- Resolved to better mark tentative plans as tentative, in future. (Such as see http://www.eclipse.org/projects/timeline/index.php).
(Weekly Google Calendar updated through December)
For Galileo and Helios overall dates, see a Simultaneous Release Calendar
Ready to declare latest build?
See also the Galileo ramp down dates
- 8/14 M Build
- 8/28 M Build (PMC Review starts following this build)
- 9/04 M Build Can this be our final build?
- 9/11 M Build Final Build
- (9/25 Galileo SR1)
- Galileo SR2 2/26/10 (will be WTP 3.1.2) (last Friday of February)
Galileo Maintenance Plan
See WTP_3.1.x_Maintenance for documentation of scope of maintenance and approvals required.
- Ready to declare latest build?
Planning (initial plans due on or before first Milestone)
- Planning (initial plans due on or before second Helios Milestone)
- See http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/wtp-dev/msg07100.html
- For general directions, you can use the 3.1 Project Plans reference.
- M1 8/14
- M2 9/25
- Initial WTP 3.2 plans due 10/2 -- for Helios!
- M3 11/05
- M4 12/10
WTP 3.2 Plus Plus
- We now have once-a-day Helios builds. Same WTP code. Different pre-req Platform. The goal is to make sure our 3.2 stream is at least compatible with both Galileo and Helios. Or, if we can not literally achieve being compatible, we should document why not and at least understand it.
- Any issues?
- cache coordination. See bug 284061 (Gary Karasiuk)
- Our bugzilla workflow and arch. council's recommendations (David Carver's note to wtp-dev)
See also the WTP Meeting Archive-Reference Page.