Difference between revisions of "WTP 2009-08-06"
|Line 124:||Line 124:|
== WTP 3.1.x ==
== WTP 3.1.x ==
Revision as of 12:10, 6 August 2009
WTP Development Status Meeting
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Announcements And Special Reports
For Galileo and Helios overall dates, see a Simultaneous Release Calendar
No Build to declare this week ...
See also the Galileo ramp down dates
- "Friday" based cycle
- 7/17 M Build
- 7/31 M Build
- 8/14 M Build
- 8/28 M Build (PMC Review starts following this build)
- 9/04 M Build (added)
- 9/11 M Build Final Build
9/18 Final Build
- 9/25 Galileo SR1
- Galileo SR2 2/26/10 (will be WTP 3.1.2) (last Friday of February)
- Ready to declare latest build?
- Planning (initial plans due on or before first Milestone)
- See http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/wtp-dev/msg07100.html
- For general directions, you can use the 3.1 Project Plans reference.
- We now have once-a-day Helios builds. Same code. Different pre-req Platform, to make sure our 3.2 stream is at least compatible with both Galileo and Helios (but, we'll continue to only smoke test Galileo based builds).
- The intent is to "line up" our 3.2 milestones with first four milestones of Helios Release. Our 3.2 work will also be input to any Helios builds.
- M1 8/14
- WTP 3.2 Plans Due
- M2 9/25
- Initial standard-format plans due 10/2 -- for WTP 3.3!
- M3 11/13 Start 3.2 Rampdown and PMC Review
- M4/Release 12/18
- It was asked if bugs have been open for all retrospective action items yet (answer: no) as there is still concern about builds taking so long (there are bugs to improve builds).
- There will be a new "Community Forums" front end to newsgroups. It will be even more important to make sure descriptions for our WTP groups are clear, even for the "casual user".
- To improve descriptions associated with newsgroups via Eclipse Portal:
- Use the Portal > Eclipse Projects > [view] > [maintain] Project Info Metadata > newsgroup
- Note: for those subprojects that do not have their own newsgroup (say, source editing) the metadata often now says "eclipse.webtools" with no description, but (I've heard) we can just remove those.
See also the WTP Meeting Archive-Reference Page.