WTP Development Status Meeting
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Announcements And Special Reports
- Ready to declare 3.0.5 Release?
No formal testing tracked, since no changes since last week's test ... so if no committer objections raised by Friday 5/29 Noon Eastern time, we will release this renamed build.
- PMC Review required (3 votes now): 3.0.5 PMC Vote Summary
- April 10 - M build
- April 24 - M build
- May 8 - RC1
- All changes after May 8 require PMC approval (1 vote)
- May 15 - RC2
- All changes after May 15 require PMC approval (2 votes)
- May 22 - final build
- May 29 - 3.0.5 GA
- RC3 due next Tuesday!
Angel pointed out the target environments link was wrong (pointing to 3.4). The correct one is http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=eclipse#target_environments and Raghu agreed to update our plan document.
Project Leads please update "automatic" IP Logs. See Development_Resources/Automatic IP Log
Our initial schedule was based on Platform's proposed schedule.
The official "must do" schedule is the +2 category in the Galileo Simultaneous Release.
Normally, our milestone are one week after the Platform's delivery. Exceptions noted below.
- 3.0.1 Early Maintenance Release Aug 15
- M1 -> Aug 22 (extra week added so not to overlap maintenance release)
- 3.0.2 Coordinated Maintenance Release Sep 24
- M2 -> Sept 26 (extra week added so not to overlap maintenance release) (updated)
- M3 -> Nov 7 (short milestone, since "making up" for added week above)
- 3.0.3 Early Maintenance Release Nov 14
- M4 -> Dec 19
- M5 -> Feb 6
- 3.0.4 Coordinated Maintenance Release Feb 25
- M6 -> Wednesday, March 18 Feature Complete, API Freeze, UI Freeze, NLS, Accessibility
- (EclipseCon March 23-27)
- M7 -> Tuesday, May 5 Performance tuning, documentation, bug fixing
- RC1 -> Tuesday, May 19 Serious bugs only, focus on stability.
- RC2 -> Tuesday, May 26 Serious bugs only, focus on stability.
- RC3 -> Tuesday, June 2 Very serious bugs only.
- RC4 -> Tuesday, June 9 Very very serious bugs only.
- RC5 -> Tuesday, June 16 Hopefully no changes from RC4. Prepare web pages, update sites, etc.
- GA -> Wednesday, June 24
Bob Fraser and Nova the look and feel: (see bug 261721)
Bob reported about ready, but will be a few weeks, since he'll be out a week. There was some discussion of what to delete from website (e.g. delete phoenix and nova prototype pages).
See also the WTP Meeting Archive-Reference Page.