WTP Development Status Meeting
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Announcements And Special Reports
- We (PMC) have decided to not to advocate a "3.0.6" maintenance release, though we are sure there will be some patches required post 3.0.5.
- We (PMC) and the Eclipse Planning Council have decided to have a more uniform look to the Provider information in the about box. We do not have to do any mass changes to all the plugins and all features, but any "branding" features (those that show up in the about box) should use a common branding bundle; for same icon and same Provider name: "Eclipse Web Tools Platform". This will likely be done by during RC2 and RC3 unless anyone objects. One implications is that our current "branding" plugins of "o.e.wst" and "o.e.jst" will be going away. Another is that our "assembly features" will be changing. These are the container features, o.e.wst and o.e.jst.
- Ready to declare 3.0.5 RC3?
- PMC Review required (3 votes now): 3.0.5 PMC Vote Summary
- April 10 - M build
- April 24 - M build
- May 8 - RC1
- All changes after May 8 require PMC approval (1 vote)
- May 15 - RC2
- All changes after May 15 require PMC approval (2 votes)
- May 22 - final build
- May 29 - 3.0.5 GA
- RC1 due next Tuesday!
- We'll start a weekly Monday/Tuesday rhythm for 3.1 RC rampdown
- PMC Review has started.
- Bug Triage
- There are still approximately 7 bugs targeted to M7?!
Konstantin volunteered to pursue questions with EMO on how to treat the people who are not current committers, but for which cvs shows some code touching.
and he did, see wtp-dev list message for details (but usually, not an issue that requires action).
Project Leads please update "automatic" IP Logs. See Development_Resources/Automatic IP Log
Reference our ramp down plan and policies
Should we participate in RC2? Ans: Yes (but expect to be pretty small, since 25th is U.S. Holiday)
Our initial schedule was based on Platform's proposed schedule.
The official "must do" schedule is the +2 category in the Galileo Simultaneous Release.
Normally, our milestone are one week after the Platform's delivery. Exceptions noted below.
- 3.0.1 Early Maintenance Release Aug 15
- M1 -> Aug 22 (extra week added so not to overlap maintenance release)
- 3.0.2 Coordinated Maintenance Release Sep 24
- M2 -> Sept 26 (extra week added so not to overlap maintenance release) (updated)
- M3 -> Nov 7 (short milestone, since "making up" for added week above)
- 3.0.3 Early Maintenance Release Nov 14
- M4 -> Dec 19
- M5 -> Feb 6
- 3.0.4 Coordinated Maintenance Release Feb 25
- M6 -> Wednesday, March 18 Feature Complete, API Freeze, UI Freeze, NLS, Accessibility
- (EclipseCon March 23-27)
- M7 -> Tuesday, May 5 Performance tuning, documentation, bug fixing
- RC1 -> Tuesday, May 19 Serious bugs only, focus on stability.
- RC2 -> Tuesday, May 26 Serious bugs only, focus on stability.
- RC3 -> Tuesday, June 2 Very serious bugs only.
- RC4 -> Tuesday, June 9 Very very serious bugs only.
- RC5 -> Tuesday, June 16 Hopefully no changes from RC4. Prepare web pages, update sites, etc.
- GA -> Wednesday, June 24
Bob Fraser and Nova the look and feel: (see bug 261721)
Bob reported about ready, but will be a few weeks, since he'll be out a week. There was some discussion of what to delete from website (e.g. delete phoenix and nova prototype pages).
See also the WTP Meeting Archive-Reference Page.