WTP Development Status Meeting
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Announcements And Special Reports
- Congrats on M6!
- Congrats on XSL Graduation/Move!
- Proposal for 3.0.5: WTP 3.0.x Maintenance Schedule
- Proposal for 3.2.0: WTP 3.2 Project Plan
Focus on Quality (Neil)
- Concurrency discussion
- Focus Item:
- Untargeted bugs with patches attached opened before October 1st, 2008 (Last week 39 ; Currently ~ 38)
- Mark invalid patches as obsolete
- Target bugs to a release or "future" if not a current release
- Upcoming Focus item
- Past Focus Items
- Untargeted severity "Major" and higher bugs opened before June 1st, 2008 (64, 36, 21, 9)
- Target to a specific release or "future" if planning to fix but not in the next release
- Adjust severity as appropriate
3.0.5 proposed schedule:
- April 10 - M build
- April 24 - M build
- May 8 - RC1
- All changes after May 8 require PMC approval (1 vote)
- May 15 - RC2
- All changes after May 15 require PMC approval (2 votes)
- May 22 - final build
- May 29 - 3.0.5 GA
- Ready to declare weekly build?
- just kidding! There is no weekly declared build; this week, and next! (planning week)
- Remember to list exceptions to feature-freeze-by-M6.
- First, mark for PMC approval (just using flag and email addresses, no whiteboard based summaries).
- One approval is enough. Once approved, list it in last section of
Our initial schedule was based on Platform's proposed schedule.
The official "must do" schedule is the +2 category in the Galileo Simultaneous Release.
Normally, our milestone are one week after the Platform's delivery. Exceptions noted below.
- 3.0.1 Early Maintenance Release Aug 15
- M1 -> Aug 22 (extra week added so not to overlap maintenance release)
- 3.0.2 Coordinated Maintenance Release Sep 24
- M2 -> Sept 26 (extra week added so not to overlap maintenance release) (updated)
- M3 -> Nov 7 (short milestone, since "making up" for added week above)
- 3.0.3 Early Maintenance Release Nov 14
- M4 -> Dec 19
- M5 -> Feb 6
- 3.0.4 Coordinated Maintenance Release Feb 25
- M6 -> Wednesday, March 18 Feature Complete, API Freeze, UI Freeze, NLS, Accessibility
- (EclipseCon March 23-27)
- M7 -> Tuesday, May 5 Performance tuning, documentation, bug fixing
- RC1 -> Tuesday, May 19 Serious bugs only, focus on stability.
- RC2 -> Tuesday, May 26 WTP may not participate in an RC2 (based on based on previous years, RC2 comes too soon, needed more fixing effort, less testing)
- RC3 -> Tuesday, June 2 Very serious bugs only.
- RC4 -> Tuesday, June 9 Very very serious bugs only.
- RC5 -> Tuesday, June 16 Hopefully no changes from RC4. Prepare web pages, update sites, etc.
- GA -> Wednesday, June 24
Bob Fraser and Nova the look and feel: (see bug 261721)
See also the WTP Meeting Archive-Reference Page.