Difference between revisions of "WTP 2009-03-12"
(→Focus on Quality (Neil))
|Line 56:||Line 56:|
|Line 64:||Line 66:|
Latest revision as of 13:05, 12 March 2009
WTP Development Status Meeting
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Announcements And Special Reports
- Apologies for error in M6 date.
- XSL Graduation/Move Review on March 18th
- be sure to watch eclipse.webtools newsgroup for questions/comments
- Interesting blogs lately from Seneca Open Source Course.
Focus on Quality (Neil)
- Concurrency discussion
- Focus Item:
- Untargeted bugs with patches attached opened before October 1st, 2008 (Last week 39 ; Currently ~ 38)
- Mark invalid patches as obsolete
- Target bugs to a release or "future" if not a current release
- Upcoming Focus item
- Past Focus Items
- Untargeted severity "Major" and higher bugs opened before June 1st, 2008 (64, 36, 21, 9)
- Target to a specific release or "future" if planning to fix but not in the next release
- Adjust severity as appropriate
- Ready to declare weekly build?
- Before M6, remember to list exceptions to feature-freeze-by-M6.
- First, mark for PMC approval (just using flag and email addresses, no whiteboard based summaries).
- One approval is enough. Once approved, list it in last section of
Issues to watch moving up to M6 prereqs
- Common Navigator changes: may change again in M6. See bug 252293: LabelProviders do not obey override rules
- JDT Compiler changes from I20090217-2200: eclipse-dev post
Our initial schedule was based on Platform's proposed schedule.
The official "must do" schedule is the +2 category in the Galileo Simultaneous Release.
Normally, our milestone are one week after the Platform's delivery. Exceptions noted below.
- 3.0.1 Early Maintenance Release Aug 15
- M1 -> Aug 22 (extra week added so not to overlap maintenance release)
- 3.0.2 Coordinated Maintenance Release Sep 24
- M2 -> Sept 26 (extra week added so not to overlap maintenance release) (updated)
- M3 -> Nov 7 (short milestone, since "making up" for added week above)
- 3.0.3 Early Maintenance Release Nov 14
- M4 -> Dec 19
- M5 -> Feb 6
- 3.0.4 Coordinated Maintenance Release Feb 25
- M6 -> Wednesday, March 18 Feature Complete, API Freeze, UI Freeze, NLS, Accessibility
- (EclipseCon March 23-27)
- M7 -> Tuesday, May 5 Performance tuning, documentation, bug fixing
- RC1 -> Tuesday, May 19 Serious bugs only, focus on stability.
- RC2 -> Tuesday, May 26 WTP may not participate in an RC2 (based on based on previous years, RC2 comes too soon, needed more fixing effort, less testing)
- RC3 -> Tuesday, June 2 Very serious bugs only.
- RC4 -> Tuesday, June 9 Very very serious bugs only.
- RC5 -> Tuesday, June 16 Hopefully no changes from RC4. Prepare web pages, update sites, etc.
- GA -> Wednesday, June 24
Bob Fraser and Nova the look and feel: (see bug 261721)
Data Model Wizard Framework feature (Kaloyan)
See also the WTP Meeting Archive-Reference Page.