WTP Development Status Meeting
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Announcements And Special Reports
- Daylight savings time switch on Sunday (at least, in North America)
- No builds on Sunday, for Eclipse.org infrastructure work.
Focus on Quality (Neil)
- Concurrency presentation (Gary - will present this week)
- Focus Item:
- Untargeted bugs with patches attached opened before October 1st, 2008 (Last week 47 ; Currently ~ 47)
- Mark invalid patches as obsolete
- Target bugs to a release or "future" if not a current release
- Upcoming Focus item
- Past Focus Items
- Untargeted severity "Major" and higher bugs opened before June 1st, 2008 (64, 36, 21, 9)
- Target to a specific release or "future" if planning to fix but not in the next release
- Adjust severity as appropriate
- Ready to declare weekly build?
- Before M6, remember to list exceptions to feature-freeze-by-M6.
- First, mark for PMC approval (just using flag and email addresses, no whiteboard based summaries).
- One approval is enough. Once approved, list it in last section of
Issues to watch moving up to M6 prereqs
- Common Navigator changes: may change again in M6. See bug 252293: LabelProviders do not obey override rules
- JDT Compiler changes from I20090217-2200: eclipse-dev post
Our schedule, based on Platform's proposed schedule.
Normally, our milestone are one week after the Platform's delivery. Exceptions noted below.
- 3.0.1 Early Maintenance Release Aug 15
- M1 -> Aug 22 (extra week added so not to overlap maintenance release)
- 3.0.2 Coordinated Maintenance Release Sep 24
- M2 -> Sept 26 (extra week added so not to overlap maintenance release) (updated)
- M3 -> Nov 7 (short milestone, since "making up" for added week above)
- 3.0.3 Early Maintenance Release Nov 14
- M4 -> Dec 19
- M5 -> Feb 6
- 3.0.4 Coordinated Maintenance Release Feb 25
- (EclipseCon March 23-27)
- M6 -> Mar 20 Feature Complete, API Freeze, UI Freeze, NLS, Accessibility
- M7 -> May 8 Performance tuning, documentation, bug fixing
- RC1 -> May 22 Serious bugs only, focus on stability.
- RC2 -> May 29 WTP will likely not participate in an RC2, based on feedback from last year that RC2 came too soon, needed more fixing, less testing
- RC3 -> Jun 5 Very serious bugs only.
- RC4 -> Jun 12 Very very serious bugs only.
- RC5 -> Jun 19 Hopefully no changes from RC4. Prepare web pages, update sites, etc.
- GA -> Jun 24
Bob Fraser and Nova the look and feel: (see bug 261721)
Follow-up discussion on Concurrency discussion.
See also the WTP Meeting Archive-Reference Page.