- 1 WTP Development Status Meeting
- 2 WTP 3.0.4
- 3 WTP 3.1
- 4 Other business
- 5 Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
- 6 References
WTP Development Status Meeting
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Announcements And Special Reports
- Jan 9 - M build
- Jan 23 - M build
- Jan 30 - RC1
- All changes after Jan 30 require PMC approval (1 vote) (Official Ganymede RC1 date is Feb 4, we are declaring early)
- Feb 6 - RC2 All changes after Feb 6 require PMC approval (2 votes) (Official Ganymede RC2 date is Feb 11, we are declaring early)
- Feb 13 - final build
- Feb 18 - 3.0.4 GA
Adjusted schedule, based on Platform's proposed schedule.
Normally, our milestone are one week after the Platform's delivery. Exceptions noted below.
- 3.0.1 Early Maintenance Release Aug 15
- M1 -> Aug 22 (extra week added so not to overlap maintenance release)
- 3.0.2 Coordinated Maintenance Release Sep 24
- M2 -> Sept 26 (extra week added so not to overlap maintenance release) (updated)
- M3 -> Nov 7 (short milestone, since "making up" for added week above)
- 3.0.3 Early Maintenance Release Nov 14
- M4 -> Dec 19
- M5 -> Feb 6
- 3.0.4 Coordinated Maintenance Release Feb 25
- (EclipseCon March 23-27)
- M6 -> Mar 20 Feature Complete, API Freeze, UI Freeze, NLS, Accessibility
- M7 -> May 8 Performance tuning, documentation, bug fixing
- RC1 -> May 22 Serious bugs only, focus on stability.
- RC2 -> May 29 WTP will likely not participate in an RC2, based on feedback from last year that RC2 came too soon, needed more fixing, less testing
- RC3 -> Jun 5 Very serious bugs only.
- RC4 -> Jun 12 Very very serious bugs only.
- RC5 -> Jun 19 Hopefully no changes from RC4. Prepare web pages, update sites, etc.
- GA -> Jun 24
Build & Smoketest
- M4 Functional Test next week (Dec 13 - Dec 19), M4 declaration on 12/19
- Please update M4 Testplan for next week
- Please fill in the M4 New and Noteworthy before 12/18's status call
Bug List for 3.1
- Blockers & Criticals (~5)
- 3.1 & 2.1 enhancements (~117)
- 3.1 & 2.1 targeted bugs (~348)
- In tabular form:
- Current 3.1 & 2.1 targeted bugs (~348)
- 3.1 & 2.1 hotbugs (~0)
Previous items for reference
- WTP Build status page
- Status page link
Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
The minutes of the meetings are posted. Next meeting is next Monday same time. See details on the wiki page: WTP Performance Tests
- Ongoing triaging of incoming bug reports
- Planning M4 and 3.0.4
- Ongoing triage of incoming and existing bugs.
- Fixing and verifying bugs.
- JPT 2.0
- Working on:
- EclipseLink support
- Bugs for M7
- Working on:
- Feature exceptions
- Bug Fixes
- In general, the minimum requirement is that if you branch a plug-in, you need to branch all the plug-ins in the corresponding map file. This is to make it easier for others to know what to load, to "be current" in a maintenance branch. It is fine to branch everything in a sub-project if you choose to, but still need to correspond to what's in a map file, and the map file should be updated to explain what it's used for. Map files can be re-organized some, if that helps make it easier to organize and understand what teams are working on what.
- This Week's Smoke Test Results
- Build Declaration Process Refined - See WTP Build Process and Procedures
- Adopter Migration Information for WTP 2.0 - Please add any details for your component.
- Bug Day
- Monitor and participate in Bug Day if you would like.
- Mark any applicable bugs with keyword "bugday", but only if you'll have a representative on hand to respond through Bugzilla or in IRC
- Current WTP Bug Day bugs (~53)
- Project Meta data, for Project leads, especially, see "information about ..." from your subproject web page left nav bar.
- Go to Foundation Portal
- Login with committer ID
- Click on "[maintain] Project Info meta-data"
- Changes coming to IP Log management (more automated, but more for Project Leads to do?): See Development Resources/Automatic IP Log