- 1 WTP Development Status Meeting
- 2 WTP 3.0.3
- 3 WTP 3.1
- 4 Other business
- 5 Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
- 6 References
WTP Development Status Meeting
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Announcements And Special Reports
- Eclipse DemoCamp RTP - 11/12
- David: Changing our test to use java6? If no objections, making the change next week
- Gary: end of life has expired 1.4 in end of october, when are we going to support?
- David: not sure if we claim support for it now
- 10/03 M build
- 10/17 M build
- 10/24 RC1 (PMC review starts after RC1, initially one vote)
- 10/31 RC2 (after RC2, two PMC votes)
- 11/7 RC3 (after RC3, three PMC votes)
- 11/14 3.0.3 Release
- Final testing week, 303 to be declared Friday 11/14
- PMC Approval list request
Build & Smoketest
- Latest available 303 build - R-3.0.3-20081113071417
- 6 Junit failure on the latest available build - R-3.0.3-20081113071417
- Test Plans
- Current Test Plan & Results
- Test results posted by 3pm EST Friday
Bug Lists for 3.0.3
- Blockers & Criticals (~5)
- All 3.0.3 Hotbugs (~0)
- In tabular form:
- Current 3.0.3 & 2.0.3 targeted bugs (~1)
- Web Tools
- Number Fixed for 3.0.3 (~164)
- Java Server Faces
- Dali JPA Tools
- 255253 last bug requested for PMC, approved and will be released.
- Helen will send out a note to mailinglist listing the 3 new fixes that were included in today's respin
3.1 M3 declared. Thank you & Congrats! : )
Two issues came up when discussing the planning process
- How to handle "future" milestone target? Turns out we have discussed and documented this before, see WTP_Bugs, Workflow and Conventions#The meaning of "Future" milestone target.
- How can we better incorporate bugs-to-fix in 3.1 planning? Subsequent to meeting, I suggested that leads/committers should set the 3.1 milestone target for bugs that ideally should be fixed in 3.1, to help "prime the pot". For example, nearly all voted on bugs and "major" bugs should be so marked. I've added more bugzilla queries to WTP 3.1 Project Plan to assist.
- New format First draft 9/20, Final copy 10/30
- Please finish filling in the New and Noteworthy for M3 by Wednesday the 5th
- org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui will be moving to 1.1.0 when M4 begins, prepare accordingly
Adjusted schedule, based on Platform's proposed schedule.
Normally, our milestone are one week after the Platform's delivery. Exceptions noted below.
- 3.0.1 Early Maintenance Release Aug 15
- M1 -> Aug 22 (extra week added so not to overlap maintenance release)
- 3.0.2 Coordinated Maintenance Release Sep 24
- M2 -> Sept 26 (extra week added so not to overlap maintenance release) (updated)
- M3 -> Nov 7 (short milestone, since "making up" for added week above)
- 3.0.3 Early Maintenance Release Nov 14
- M4 -> Dec 19
- M5 -> Feb 6
- 3.0.4 Coordinated Maintenance Release Feb 25
- (EclipseCon March 23-27)
- M6 -> Mar 20 Feature Complete, API Freeze, UI Freeze, NLS, Accessibility
- M7 -> May 8 Performance tuning, documentation, bug fixing
- RC1 -> May 22 Serious bugs only, focus on stability.
- RC2 -> May 29 WTP will likely not participate in an RC2, based on feedback from last year that RC2 came too soon, needed more fixing, less testing
- RC3 -> Jun 5 Very serious bugs only.
- RC4 -> Jun 12 Very very serious bugs only.
- RC5 -> Jun 19 Hopefully no changes from RC4. Prepare web pages, update sites, etc.
- GA -> Jun 24
Build & Smoketest
- Planning week for M4, no build to smoketest
Bug List for 3.1
- Common project bug triage
- 3.1 & 2.1 enhancements (~115)
- 3.1 & 2.1 targeted bugs (~358)
- In tabular form:
- Current 3.1 & 2.1 targeted bugs (~358)
- 3.1 & 2.1 hotbugs (~0)
- Blockers & Criticals (~5)
- Raghu: cosmetic changes to update the milestone, will ensure all project plan have dates to the main plan and dates, will do this for all of the milestones
- David: tag P: name, some projects are all showing JEE, need to be updated,
- Raghu: thought it was already updated, will check and update again. Also Projecd id and project anme, will fix links as well
- Kaloyan: time for another WTP UI walkthrough, if project leads can think about this
- BobF: send me a note if you want to schedule one, and we can put it in the calendear and setup web conference
- concerns from Max
- Max: 241335 for example, concerned that change how things can be done through the UI
- Chuck: agree that this part of the code that we should focus on in 3.1, but not something that we can address in the 30x maintence release
- Max: Also, 258638, 241466
- Chuck: This is a bigger issue, will look into fixing these additioa, but no major changes in the maintenance release
- Kaloyan: can be worked around in the server adapter that adopters are being implemented
- Max: any suggestions on a workaround?
- Kaloyan: not use the generic one that we supplied, but to implement your own
- Can use newsgroup to post these questions and concerns, and they will be promptly answered
WTP Build status page
- Helen will send link to mailing list. Temporary php file created, will look into xml more automated ways in the long run as well
- Three New Incubator proposals
- Visual Editor => going under initial review, and approval to check code into CVS
- XML Security => going through IP review
- XQuery => final paper work, done IP review
Build subscription information
- Build notification list added: Angel, Nitin, Neil, Raghu
- Kaloyan: WTP performance call on Mondays moved to today as a section on WTP Performance
- Last meeting defined open action items, listed under WTP performance wiki page
- Anyone has any comments on those to note there
- Gary: Questions on instruction, running for a development environment?
- Kaloyan: Yes for now dev only
Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
The minutes of the meetings are posted. Next meeting is next Monday same time. See details on the wiki page: WTP Performance Tests
- Ongoing triaging of incoming bug reports
- Planning M4 and 3.0.4
- Ongoing triage of incoming and existing bugs.
- Fixing and verifying bugs.
- JPT 2.0
- Working on:
- EclipseLink support
- Bugs for M7
- Working on:
- Feature exceptions
- Bug Fixes
- In general, the minimum requirement is that if you branch a plug-in, you need to branch all the plug-ins in the corresponding map file. This is to make it easier for others to know what to load, to "be current" in a maintenance branch. It is fine to branch everything in a sub-project if you choose to, but still need to correspond to what's in a map file, and the map file should be updated to explain what it's used for. Map files can be re-organized some, if that helps make it easier to organize and understand what teams are working on what.
- The names for branches should follow the pattern of 'R3_0_maintenance'. This will be the name for all 3.0.x maintenance work (not just the first, 3.0.1 maintenance work). Note that JSF and JPA code may use R2_0_maintenance, but their map files, will still be branched using R3_0_maintenance.
- Instructions for tagging existing and new WTP wiki pages can be found at WTP's Category page; remember, we can create subcategories as well
- This Week's Smoke Test Results
- Build Declaration Process Refined - See WTP Build Process and Procedures
- Information about process for milestone bugzilla line item planning has been added to the WTP Bugs, Workflow, and Conventions document.
- PMC Candidate Review Request Checklist - See the updated PMC Review document with attention to the "How To Prepare a PMC Defect Candidate" section
- Adopter Migration Information for WTP 2.0 - Please add any details for your component.
- Documentation on Setting up your system for Web Tools Web site development and Using Web Tools Phoenix PHP templates is on the wiki at Web Tools Web Site Development.
- Bug Day
- Monitor and participate in Bug Day if you would like.
- Mark any applicable bugs with keyword "bugday", but only if you'll have a representative on hand to respond through Bugzilla or in IRC
- Current WTP Bug Day bugs (~53)
- Project Meta data, for Project leads, especially, see "information about ..." from your subproject web page left nav bar.
- Go to Foundation Portal
- Login with committer ID
- Click on "[maintain] Project Info meta-data"
- Changes coming to IP Log management (more automated, but more for Project Leads to do?): See Development Resources/Automatic IP Log