Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "WTP 2008-07-17"

(Attendees)
(Schedule)
 
(4 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 8: Line 8:
 
{| border="1"
 
{| border="1"
 
|+ Project Leads
 
|+ Project Leads
|width="80%"|Konstantin ||  
+
|width="80%"|Konstantin || Y
 
|-
 
|-
 
|Tim ||  
 
|Tim ||  
Line 14: Line 14:
 
|Nitin ||  
 
|Nitin ||  
 
|-
 
|-
|Kathy ||  
+
|Kathy || Y
 
|-
 
|-
|Chuck ||  
+
|Chuck || Y
 
|-
 
|-
|Naci ||  
+
|Kaloyan|| Y
 
|-
 
|-
|Raghu ||  
+
|Raghu || Y
 
|-
 
|-
|Neil ||  
+
|Neil || Y
 
|-
 
|-
|David ||  
+
|David || Y
 
|-
 
|-
 
|Helen ||  
 
|Helen ||  
Line 33: Line 33:
 
{| border="1"
 
{| border="1"
 
|+ Committers
 
|+ Committers
|width="80%"|Bob ||  
+
|width="80%"|Bob || Y
 
|-
 
|-
|Carl ||  
+
|Carl || Y
 
|-
 
|-
|Dave ||  
+
|Dave || Y
 
|-
 
|-
|Phil ||  
+
|Phil || Y
 
|-
 
|-
|Kaloyan||  
+
|Naci ||
 
|-
 
|-
 
|Larry||  
 
|Larry||  
 
|-
 
|-
|Amy||  
+
|Amy|| Y
 
|-
 
|-
|Kate||  
+
|Kate|| Y
 
|-
 
|-
|Angel||  
+
|Angel|| Y
 
|-
 
|-
|Brad||  
+
|Brad|| Y
 
|-
 
|-
|Valentin||  
+
|Valentin|| Y
 
|-
 
|-
 
|Gary|| Y
 
|Gary|| Y
Line 60: Line 60:
 
{| border="1"
 
{| border="1"
 
|+ Friends
 
|+ Friends
|width="80%"|Nick ||  
+
|width="80%"|Nick || Y
 
|-
 
|-
 
|Gilbert ||  
 
|Gilbert ||  
Line 74: Line 74:
 
There will be more meetings about this, agenda/minutes will be posted on the wiki.
 
There will be more meetings about this, agenda/minutes will be posted on the wiki.
 
Next Meeting: July 24, 2008 at 11 am EDT
 
Next Meeting: July 24, 2008 at 11 am EDT
 +
 +
::Minutes: Minutes of JEE Meeting will be posted soon, as well as call-in info for next call. The topic will be planning for WTP 3.1.
  
 
===Focus on Requirements Planning (Raghu)===
 
===Focus on Requirements Planning (Raghu)===
Line 111: Line 113:
  
 
=== Schedule ===
 
=== Schedule ===
* Assuming the regular 6 week cycle, 1 week plan, 4 weeks dev, 1 week testRC5 -> June 16th 2009
 
:Planning 10th
 
:July 14th -> planning week
 
:July 21st -> August 18 => 4 weeks of dev
 
:August 18th => 1 week of test
 
:M1 -> August 22nd
 
:M2 -> Oct 3rd
 
:M3 -> Nov 14th
 
:M4 -> Jan 5th 2009
 
:M5 -> Feb 16th 2009
 
:M6 -> April 6th 2009
 
:M7 -> May 5th 2009
 
:RC1 -> May 19th 2009
 
:RC2 -> May 26th 2009
 
:RC3 -> June 2th 2009
 
:RC4 -> June 9th 2009
 
:RC5 -> June 16th 2009
 
  
* Will compare above with Platform's proposed schedule:
+
* Adjusted schedule, based on [http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/cross-project-issues-dev/msg02686.html Platform's proposed schedule].
:: [http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/cross-project-issues-dev/msg02686.html Staging the next iteration]
+
 
 +
::3.0.1  Maintenance Release Aug 15
 +
::M1  -> Aug 18
 +
::3.0.2  Maintenance Release Sep 24
 +
::M2  -> Sep 26
 +
::M3  -> Nov  7
 +
::M4  -> Dec 19
 +
::M5  -> Feb  6
 +
::3.0.3  Maintenance Release Feb 25 
 +
::(EclipseCon March 23-27)
 +
::M6  -> Mar 20 Feature Complete, API Freeze, UI Freeze, NLS, Accessibility
 +
::M7  -> May  8 Performance tuning, documentation, bug fixing
 +
::RC1 -> May 22
 +
::RC2 -> May 29 WTP will likely not participate in RC2, based on feedback from last year that RC2 came too soon, needed more fixing, less testing
 +
::RC3 -> Jun  5
 +
::RC4 -> Jun 12
 +
::RC5 -> Jun 19
 +
::GA  -> Jun 24
  
 
== Performance Focus ==
 
== Performance Focus ==
  
Can we form a cross-project team?  
+
Can we form a cross-project team?
 +
 
 +
Minutes: Following team formed to discuss how to focus on performance, will be lead by Kaloyan. Will meet Monday's, at noon (Eastern time), 9 AM Pacific, 7 PM (EEST?)
 +
 
 +
Server
 +
        Angel Vera
 +
Webservices
 +
        Mark Hutchinson
 +
Source Editing
 +
        Nick Sandonato
 +
JEE Tools
 +
        Carl Anderson
 +
EJB Tools
 +
        Kaloyan Raev
 +
JSF Tools
 +
        Raghu Srinivasan
 +
Dali
 +
        Neil Hauge
 +
releng
 +
        David Williams
  
 
== Other business ==
 
== Other business ==
  
 
:Project leads: please fix meta-data during July. Especially, see "information about ..." from your subproject web page left nav bar.
 
:Project leads: please fix meta-data during July. Especially, see "information about ..." from your subproject web page left nav bar.
 +
 +
::Go to [https://dev.eclipse.org/portal/myfoundation/portal/portal.php Foundation Portal]
 +
::Login with committer ID
 +
::Click on "[maintain] Project Info meta-data"
  
 
:Changes coming to IP Log management (more automated, but more for Project Leads to do?): See http://wiki.eclipse.org/Development_Resources/Automatic_IP_Log
 
:Changes coming to IP Log management (more automated, but more for Project Leads to do?): See http://wiki.eclipse.org/Development_Resources/Automatic_IP_Log

Latest revision as of 03:34, 18 July 2008

WTP Development Status Meeting 2008-07-10

Attendees

Project Leads
Konstantin Y
Tim
Nitin
Kathy Y
Chuck Y
Kaloyan Y
Raghu Y
Neil Y
David Y
Helen
Philippe
Committers
Bob Y
Carl Y
Dave Y
Phil Y
Naci
Larry
Amy Y
Kate Y
Angel Y
Brad Y
Valentin Y
Gary Y
Friends
Nick Y
Gilbert

Announcements And Reports

  • JEE Meeting Report:

WTP support for Java EE 5 modules in a 1.4 level EAR is too big to contain in a maintenance release- will be a line item for WTP 3.1. There will be more meetings about this, agenda/minutes will be posted on the wiki. Next Meeting: July 24, 2008 at 11 am EDT

Minutes: Minutes of JEE Meeting will be posted soon, as well as call-in info for next call. The topic will be planning for WTP 3.1.

Focus on Requirements Planning (Raghu)

Call for Planning participation

WTP 2.0.3

  • Formally Released, but I still need to announce, update meta-data

WTP 3.0

WTP 3.0.1

  • Smoketest request issued, please complete smoketest by 3 PM Friday, at latest

Bug Lists for 3.0.1

3.0.1 Blockers & Criticals (~4!)
All 3.0.1 Hotbugs (~0)
Current 3.0.1 targeted bugs (~255)
  • Minutes:

WTP 3.1

Schedule

3.0.1 Maintenance Release Aug 15
M1 -> Aug 18
3.0.2 Maintenance Release Sep 24
M2 -> Sep 26
M3 -> Nov 7
M4 -> Dec 19
M5 -> Feb 6
3.0.3 Maintenance Release Feb 25
(EclipseCon March 23-27)
M6 -> Mar 20 Feature Complete, API Freeze, UI Freeze, NLS, Accessibility
M7 -> May 8 Performance tuning, documentation, bug fixing
RC1 -> May 22
RC2 -> May 29 WTP will likely not participate in RC2, based on feedback from last year that RC2 came too soon, needed more fixing, less testing
RC3 -> Jun 5
RC4 -> Jun 12
RC5 -> Jun 19
GA -> Jun 24

Performance Focus

Can we form a cross-project team?

Minutes: Following team formed to discuss how to focus on performance, will be lead by Kaloyan. Will meet Monday's, at noon (Eastern time), 9 AM Pacific, 7 PM (EEST?)

Server
       Angel Vera
Webservices
       Mark Hutchinson
Source Editing
       Nick Sandonato
JEE Tools
       Carl Anderson
EJB Tools
       Kaloyan Raev
JSF Tools
       Raghu Srinivasan
Dali
       Neil Hauge
releng
       David Williams

Other business

Project leads: please fix meta-data during July. Especially, see "information about ..." from your subproject web page left nav bar.
Go to Foundation Portal
Login with committer ID
Click on "[maintain] Project Info meta-data"
Changes coming to IP Log management (more automated, but more for Project Leads to do?): See http://wiki.eclipse.org/Development_Resources/Automatic_IP_Log
In the works: Proposal to adjust bugzilla so bugzilla "products" match our subcomponents (currently have 4, need about 8?)

Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week

Source Editing

  • Ongoing triaging of incoming bug reports
  • Working on updating bug backlogs
  • Triaging remaining 3.0 requirements and targeted bugs

Server Tools

Web Services/WSDL

  1. Ongoing triage of incoming and existing bugs.
  2. Fixing and verifying bugs.

Java EE

Dali JPT

  • JPT 2.0
    • Working on:
      • EclipseLink support
      • Bugs for M7
      • Performance

JSF

  • Feature exceptions
  • Bug Fixes

releng

  • triage/planning

References

In general, the minimum requirement is that if you branch a plug-in, you need to branch all the plug-ins in the corresponding map file. This is to make it easier for others to know what to load, to "be current" in a maintenance branch. It is fine to branch everything in a sub-project if you choose to, but still need to correspond to what's in a map file, and the map file should be updated to explain what it's used for. Map files can be re-organized some, if that helps make it easier to organize and understand what teams are working on what.
The names for branches should follow the pattern of 'R3_0_maintenance'. This will be the name for all 3.0.x maintenance work (not just the first, 3.0.1 maintenance work). Note that JSF and JPA code may use R2_0_maintenance, but their map files, will still be branched using R3_0_maintenance.
  • Instructions for tagging existing and new WTP wiki pages can be found at WTP's Category page; remember, we can create subcategories as well
  • This Week's Smoke Test Results
WTP Smoke Test Results R30
Information about process for milestone bugzilla line item planning has been added to the WTP Bugs, Workflow, and Conventions document.
PMC Candidate Review Request Checklist - See the updated PMC Review document with attention to the "How To Prepare a PMC Defect Candidate" section
Adopter Migration Information for WTP 2.0 - Please add any details for your component.
  • Website
Documentation on Setting up your system for Web Tools Web site development and Using Web Tools Phoenix PHP templates is on the wiki at Web Tools Web Site Development.
  • Bug Day
Monitor and participate in Bug Day if you would like.
Mark any applicable bugs with keyword "bugday", but only if you'll have a representative on hand to respond through Bugzilla or in IRC
Current WTP Bug Day bugs (~53)