- 1 WTP Development Status Meeting 2008-02-21
- 2 Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
- 3 References
WTP Development Status Meeting 2008-02-21
Announcements And Reports
- WTP 2.0.2 to be declared this week
- WTP 3.0 M5 declared on Monday 2/18, Congrats & Thank you! : )
Focus on Backlog and Quality metrics (Neil)
- Neil: Current focus item updated
- Current Focus Item:
- Untargeted bugs with patches attached opened before January 1st, 2008 (Last week - //; Currently ~ 74)
- Options are
- Target bug for a release or "future"
- Mark as Invalid or Wont Fix
- Upcoming Focus Item:
- Past Focus Items:
- Untargeted Enhancements opened before January 1st, 2007 (Last week - 82; Currently ~ 62)
- Before July 1st, 2007 - 145
- Options are
- Invalid - Enhancement does not fit with the scope of the project or is already implemented.
- helpwanted keyword - This is a valid request, but due to committer resources and other priorities, outside help will be needed to make this happen.
- Future - I would use this in conjunction with the helpwanted keyword. I use this for legitimate requests that are important but will not make any planned release, but likely will make a future release.
- Untargeted severity "Major" and higher bugs opened before January 1st, 2007 (Last week - 2; Currently ~ 0)
- Before July 1st, 2007 - 21
Focus on Requirements Planning (Raghu)
- Review and Update the WTP 3.0 Plan by ....
- Projects with no committed items: none
- Please update status page
- Please review untriaged enhancement requests
- Schedule - Details...
- Last M Build Jan 18
- Feb 1 RC1
- Feb 15 RC2 (RC2, bugs from Feb 1 - Feb 15 will need 1 PMC approval vote)
- Feb 22 RC3 (RC3 only if necessary, bugs from Feb 15 -> Feb 22 will need 2 PMC approval votes)
- Feb 25 2.0.2 WTP GM
- Feb 29 2.0.2 Public access
- 202 Shutdown Test Plan
- Bug Lists
- All Remaining 2.0.2 Targeted Bugs (~19)
- 2.0.2 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 2.0.2 Hot Bugs (~0)
- 2.0.2 Bugs for PMC Approval (~1)
- 2.0.2 Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~0)
- 2.0.2 Blockers/Criticals (~0)
- 2.0.2 Total JST, WST, JSF Bugs Fixed (~91)
- 2.0.2 Dali Total Bugs Fixed (~10)
- 2.0.2 Resolved, Unverified Blockers/Criticals (~21) By Assignee
- Helen: 202 shutdown test plan created. Please update before we're done on 2/25.
- For RC2, need for RC3 respin?
- Amy: 1 change for version update
- Neil:JPA may need to update for service numbers as well
- David: these changes are allowed next week as well,
- Kathy: verion checking enabled?
- David: RC2 will have the acurate reference data for RC1. That build will be complete this evening.
WTP 3.0 M5
- our +2 date: Monday, February 18 2008
- Final Code released by Feb 8th
- Plan 01/07 - 01/11
- Development 01/14 - 02/08
- Test 02/11 - 02/15
- 2 compile errors in performance test, fix released
- Bug Lists
- 3.0 Invalid Targeted Bugs (~1)
- 3.0 M5 Targeted Bugzilla Enhancements (~9)
- All Remaining 3.0 Targeted Enhancements (~166)
- 3.0 M5 Remaining Targeted Bugs (~36)
- 3.0 M5 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 3.0 M5 Hot Bugs (~0)
- 3.0 M5 Blockers/Criticals (~1)
- 3.0 M5 JST, WST, JSF Bugs Fixed (~142)
- 3.0 M5 JPT Dali Bugs Fixed (~1)
- 3.0 Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~0)
- 3.0 Resolved, Unverified Blockers/Criticals (~31) By Assignee
- Helen: Please complete M5 testplans before Monday
- Move both targeted enhancement for M5 and targeted M5 bugs off M5
- Angel: 218982 critical bug will be released shortly
- David: builds will still be automatically triggered after code release
- M5 -> mark them as fixed or move them to the next milestone, targeted enhancement and bugs
Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
- Ongoing triaging of incoming bug reports
- Shutting down for 3.0 M5 and 2.0.2 RC2
- Ongoing triage of incoming and existing bugs/RFEs.
- Planning for M5.
- JPT 2.0
- Planning for M3
- Property Editor prototype
- JSPX support investigation
- XHTML support investigation
- will soon remove wst common ui properties. See bug 131862.
- will soon start signing all jars. Teams will have to be on the look out for performance problems, in M6. If any, it would effect those cases where custom class loaders are used, as that might result in repeated class
- Branching Strategy
- Please review and comment on the WTP How to: Branching Policy and Practices guide.
- In general, the minimum is if you branch a plug-in to branch all the plug-ins in the corresponding map file. It is fine to branch everything if you choose as well. We may need to reorganize map files slightly and we can investigate that on a case by case basis. This is intended to be a living document and open to evolutions and improvements.
- Instructions for tagging existing and new WTP wiki pages can be found at WTP's Category page; remember, we can create subcategories as well
- This Week's Smoke Test Results
- Build Declaration Process Refined - See WTP Build Process and Procedures
- Information about process for milestone bugzilla line item planning has been added to the WTP Bugs, Workflow, and Conventions document.
- PMC Candidate Review Request Checklist - See the updated PMC Review document with attention to the "How To Prepare a PMC Defect Candidate" section
- Adopter Migration Information for WTP 2.0 - Please add any details for your component.
- Documentation on Setting up your system for Web Tools Web site development and Using Web Tools Phoenix PHP templates is on the wiki at Web Tools Web Site Development.
- Bug Day
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (Graph)
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (~227)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (~159)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (~1532)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (Graph)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (~3168)
- All WTP Future Bugs (~166)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (Graph)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (~229)
- All API Requests (~9)