- 1 WTP Development Status Meeting 2008-01-17
- 2 Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
- 3 References
WTP Development Status Meeting 2008-01-17
Dave, BobF, Rob, David, Tim, Carl, Tim, Kathy, Kaloyan, Kate, Amy, Valentin, Angel, Nitin, Nick, Neil, Konstantin, Brad, Raghu
Announcements And Reports
- WTP 2.0.2 Shutdown, RC1 in 2 weeks
- This month's Bugday is coming up, next Friday Jan 25th
Focus on Backlog and Quality metrics (Neil)
- Neil: Untargeted Enhancement is still the focus
weekly items Not breaking it up, stick with prior to Jan 1st David: agreed
- Current Focus Item:
- Untargeted Enhancements opened before January 1st, 2007 (Last week - 85; Currently ~ 84)
- Before July 1st, 2007 - 145
- Options are
- Invalid - Enhancement does not fit with the scope of the project or is already implemented.
- helpwanted keyword - This is a valid request, but due to committer resources and other priorities, outside help will be needed to make this happen.
- Future - I would use this in conjunction with the helpwanted keyword. I use this for legitimate requests that are important but will not make any planned release, but likely will make a future release.
- Upcoming Focus Item:
- Untargeted bugs with patches attached opened before January 1st, 2007 (Last week - 38; Currently ~ 36)
- Before July 1st, 2007 - 55
- Past Focus Items:
- Untargeted severity "Major" and higher bugs opened before January 1st, 2007 (Last week - 2; Currently ~ 0)
- Before July 1st, 2007 - 21
Focus on Requirements Planning (Raghu)
Common Konstantin: not much to updated for Common Source Editor Nitin: In progress Java EE Karl: will fup with Chuck Server tools Angel: updating it right now Release Engineering: David will update
- Review and Update the WTP 3.0 Plan by ....
- Projects with no committed items: none
- Please update status page
- Please review untriaged enhancement requests
- Schedule - Details...
- Last M Build Jan 18
- Feb 1 RC1
- Feb 15 RC2 (RC2 bugs need PMC approval 1 votes)
- Feb 22 RC3 (if necessary, RC3 need PMC approval 2 votes)
- Feb 29 2.0.2 GA
- Bug Lists
- All Remaining 2.0.2 Targeted Bugs (~45)
- 2.0.2 Hot Bug Requests (~1)
- 2.0.2 Hot Bugs (~0)
- 2.0.2 Bugs for PMC Approval (~0)
- 2.0.2 Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~2)
- 2.0.2 Blockers/Criticals (~1)
- 2.0.2 Total JST, WST, JSF Bugs Fixed (~73)
- 2.0.2 Dali Total Bugs Fixed (~5)
- 2.0.2 Resolved, Unverified Blockers/Criticals (~20) By Assignee
- Kaloyan: one hotbug request from SAP, need it for the final release only, do not need to respin for this week
- Criticals Nitin: will move into JSP and work on it today, debugging is usually from platform. Other one is also platform
- Carl => will follow up with Jason
WTP 3.0 M5
- our +2 date: Monday, February 18 2008
- Final Code released by Feb 8th
- Plan 01/07 - 01/11
- Development 01/14 - 02/08
- Test 02/11 - 02/15
- 10 Junit failures
- Smoketest pending
- Bug Lists
- 3.0 Invalid Targeted Bugs (~9)
- 3.0 M5 Targeted Bugzilla Enhancements (~14)
- All Remaining 3.0 Targeted Enhancements (~180)
- 3.0 M5 Remaining Targeted Bugs (~67)
- 3.0 M5 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 3.0 M5 Hot Bugs (~0)
- 3.0 M5 Blockers/Criticals (~0)
- 3.0 M5 JST, WST, JSF Bugs Fixed (~46)
- 3.0 M5 JPT Dali Bugs Fixed (~0)
- 3.0 Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~1)
- 3.0 Resolved, Unverified Blockers/Criticals (~29) By Assignee
- Finalize this week -- any improvements? any objections?
- WTP 3.0 Ramp down Plan for Ganymede
- freeze API, UI, features by M6, meaning PMC approval is needed post freeze, team leads please review, we'll go through it next week
Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
- Planning M5
- Ongoing triaging of incoming bug reports
- JSP source parser updates for complete our JSP 2.0 support requirement 150794
- Working on 3.0 requirement for more configurable XML and HTML formatting (95091,194698)
- Continuing JSDT integration and development
- Working on updating bug backlogs
- Ongoing triage of incoming and existing bugs/RFEs.
- Planning for M5.
- Planning for M3
- Property Editor prototype
- JSPX support investigation
- XHTML support investigation
- Branching Strategy
- Please review and comment on the WTP How to: Branching Policy and Practices guide.
- In general, the minimum is if you branch a plug-in to branch all the plug-ins in the corresponding map file. It is fine to branch everything if you choose as well. We may need to reorganize map files slightly and we can investigate that on a case by case basis. This is intended to be a living document and open to evolutions and improvements.
- Instructions for tagging existing and new WTP wiki pages can be found at WTP's Category page; remember, we can create subcategories as well
- This Week's Smoke Test Results
- Build Declaration Process Refined - See WTP Build Process and Procedures
- Information about process for milestone bugzilla line item planning has been added to the WTP Bugs, Workflow, and Conventions document.
- PMC Candidate Review Request Checklist - See the updated PMC Review document with attention to the "How To Prepare a PMC Defect Candidate" section
- Adopter Migration Information for WTP 2.0 - Please add any details for your component.
- Documentation on Setting up your system for Web Tools Web site development and Using Web Tools Phoenix PHP templates is on the wiki at Web Tools Web Site Development.
- The next Bug Day is December 28th, participation is voluntary.
- Mark any applicable bugs with keyword "bugday", but only if you'll have a representative on hand to respond through Bugzilla or in IRC
- Current WTP Bug Day bugs (~53)
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (Graph)
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (~195)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (~134)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (~1374)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (Graph)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (~3187)
- All WTP Future Bugs (~104)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (Graph)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (~220)
- All API Requests (~10)