Difference between revisions of "WTP 2008-01-17"
(→WTP 3.0 M5)
|Line 54:||Line 54:|
:*[http://wiki.eclipse.org/2.0.2 Smoketest Results]
Revision as of 11:59, 17 January 2008
- 1 WTP Development Status Meeting 2008-01-17
- 2 Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
- 3 References
WTP Development Status Meeting 2008-01-17
Announcements And Reports
- Change in committers server coming
- WTP 2.0.2 Shutdown, RC1 in 2 weeks
Focus on Backlog and Quality metrics (Neil)
- Neil: Untargeted Enhancement is still the focus
Common made good progress Comp leads for J2EE, WebServices, XML please take a look at outstanding ones Take a look at untargeted bugs with patches attached as a up coming item Untargeted bugs with patches is a small number May need to bump up the date 6 months?
- David: Might be better to stay on current ones if moving up dates will double the #
- Neil: will have an updated report for next week
- Valentin: Possible to split between community and committers
- Neil: Not easy, will take a look
- Current Focus Item:
- Untargeted Enhancements opened before January 1st, 2007 (Last week - 100; Currently ~ 85)
- Before July 1st, 2007 - 145
- Options are
- Invalid - Enhancement does not fit with the scope of the project or is already implemented.
- helpwanted keyword - This is a valid request, but due to committer resources and other priorities, outside help will be needed to make this happen.
- Future - I would use this in conjunction with the helpwanted keyword. I use this for legitimate requests that are important but will not make any planned release, but likely will make a future release.
- Upcoming Focus Item:
- Untargeted bugs with patches attached opened before January 1st, 2007 (Last week - 38; Currently ~ 36)
- Before July 1st, 2007 - 55
- Past Focus Items:
- Untargeted severity "Major" and higher bugs opened before January 1st, 2007 (Last week - 2; Currently ~ 0)
- Before July 1st, 2007 - 21
- Schedule - Details...
- Last M Build Jan 18
- Feb 1 RC1
- Feb 15 RC2 (RC2 bugs need PMC approval 1 votes)
- Feb 22 RC3 (if necessary, RC3 need PMC approval 2 votes)
- Feb 29 2.0.2 GA
- Bug Lists
- All Remaining 2.0.2 Targeted Bugs (~48)
- 2.0.2 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 2.0.2 Hot Bugs (~1)
- 2.0.2 Bugs for PMC Approval (~0)
- 2.0.2 Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~0)
- 2.0.2 Blockers/Criticals (~0)
- 2.0.2 Total JST, WST, JSF Bugs Fixed (~70)
- 2.0.2 Dali Total Bugs Fixed (~4)
- 2.0.2 Resolved, Unverified Blockers/Criticals (~19) By Assignee
WTP 3.0 M5
- our +2 date: Monday, February 18 2008
- Final Code released by Feb 8th
- Plan 01/07 - 01/11
- Development 01/14 - 02/08
- Test 02/11 - 02/15
- 10 Junit failures
- Smoketest pending
- Bug Lists
- 3.0 Invalid Targeted Bugs (~9)
- 3.0 M5 Targeted Bugzilla Enhancements (~3)
- All Remaining 3.0 Targeted Enhancements (~186)
- 3.0 M5 Remaining Targeted Bugs (~13)
- 3.0 M5 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 3.0 M5 Hot Bugs (~0)
- 3.0 M5 Blockers/Criticals (~0)
- 3.0 M5 JST, WST, JSF Bugs Fixed (~80)
- 3.0 M5 JPT Dali Bugs Fixed (~2)
- 3.0 Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~1)
- 3.0 Resolved, Unverified Blockers/Criticals (~29) By Assignee
- Need IP CQs by 1/15. Any besides the following?
- xerces 2.9.1
- Review and finalize next week:
- WTP 3.0 Ramp down Plan for Ganymede
- freeze API, UI, features by M6, meaning PMC approval is needed post freeze, team leads please review, we'll go through it next week
- Notes from previous meeting
- Project leads, please complete M4 New and Noteworthy as soon as possible.
- JSF => Raghu will add info there
- Dali JPA => will be removed
- Source Editing => will be removed
- Team leads: All triaged bugs in inbox should be cleaned up
Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
- Shutting down M4
- Ongoing triaging of incoming bug reports
- Ongoing triage of incoming and existing bugs/RFEs.
- Planning for M5.
- Planning for M3
- Property Editor prototype
- JSPX support investigation
- XHTML support investigation
- Branching Strategy
- Please review and comment on the WTP How to: Branching Policy and Practices guide.
- In general, the minimum is if you branch a plug-in to branch all the plug-ins in the corresponding map file. It is fine to branch everything if you choo