- 1 WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-12-20
- 2 Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
- 3 References
WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-12-20
Raghu, Dave, Nitin, Kathy, Rob, David, Amy, Valentin, Kate, Tim, Helen, Carl, Neil, Chuck, Bob
Announcements And Reports
Please see/review new validation framework in builds this week.
New Session Bean Wizard.
Focus on Backlog and Quality metrics (Neil)
Neil: Untargeted Enhancement is still the focus
- Current Focus Item:
- Untargeted Enhancements opened before January 1st, 2007 (Last week - 105; Currently ~ 99)
- Options are
- Invalid - Enhancement does not fit with the scope of the project or is already implemented.
- helpwanted keyword - This is a valid request, but due to committer resources and other priorities, outside help will be needed to make this happen.
- Future - I would use this in conjunction with the helpwanted keyword. I use this for legitimate requests that are important but will not make any planned release, but likely will make a future release.
- Upcoming Focus Item:
- Untargeted bugs with patches attached opened before January 1st, 2007 (Last week - 40; Currently ~ 38)
- Past Focus Items:
- Untargeted severity "Major" and higher bugs opened before January 1st, 2007 (Last week - 2; Currently ~ 0)
Focus on Requirements Planning (Raghu)
- Review and Update the WTP 3.0 Plan by 12/06
- Projects with no committed items: JPA
- Please update status page
- Please review untriaged enhancement requests
- Schedule - Details...
- Bug Lists
- All Remaining 2.0.2 Targeted Bugs (~42)
- 2.0.2 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 2.0.2 Hot Bugs (~0)
- 2.0.2 Bugs for PMC Approval (~0)
- 2.0.2 Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~0)
- 2.0.2 Blockers/Criticals (~0)
- 2.0.2 Total JST, WST, JSF Bugs Fixed (~68)
- 2.0.2 Dali Total Bugs Fixed (~4)
- 2.0.2 Resolved, Unverified Blockers/Criticals (~20) By Assignee
WTP 3.0 M4
- M4 Schedule
- our +2 date: Monday, January 7 2008
- Final Code released by December 21
- Plan 11/19 - 11/23
- Development 11/26 - 12/21
- Test 12/24 - 01/04 (excluding holidays)
- Current I20071220083058-20071220083058 build sent for smoketest
- 1 Junit failures in JSP but should not affect other components
- Bug Lists
- 3.0 Invalid Targeted Bugs (~9)
- 3.0 M4 Targeted Bugzilla Enhancements (~12)
- All Remaining 3.0 Targeted Enhancements (~185)
- 3.0 M4 Remaining Targeted Bugs (~36)
- 3.0 M4 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 3.0 M4 Hot Bugs (~0)
- 3.0 M4 Blockers/Criticals (~0)
- 3.0 M4 JST, WST, JSF Bugs Fixed (~75)
- 3.0 M4 JPT Dali Bugs Fixed (~2)
- 3.0 Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~0)
- 3.0 Resolved, Unverified Blockers/Criticals (~30) By Assignee
- Project leads, please complete M4 New and Noteworthy as soon as possible.
Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
- Shutting down M4
- Ongoing triaging of incoming bug reports
- Ongoing triage of incoming and existing bugs/RFEs.
- Work on RFEs and bugs targetted to M4.
- JPT 2.0
- Planning for M3
- Property Editor prototype
- JSPX support investigation
- XHTML support investigation
- Branching Strategy
- Please review and comment on the WTP How to: Branching Policy and Practices guide.
- In general, the minimum is if you branch a plug-in to branch all the plug-ins in the corresponding map file. It is fine to branch everything if you choose as well. We may need to reorganize map files slightly and we can investigate that on a case by case basis. This is intended to be a living document and open to evolutions and improvements.
- Instructions for tagging existing and new WTP wiki pages can be found at WTP's Category page; remember, we can create subcategories as well
- This Week's Smoke Test Results
- Build Declaration Process Refined - See WTP Build Process and Procedures
- Information about process for milestone bugzilla line item planning has been added to the WTP Bugs, Workflow, and Conventions document.
- PMC Candidate Review Request Checklist - See the updated PMC Review document with attention to the "How To Prepare a PMC Defect Candidate" section
- Adopter Migration Information for WTP 2.0 - Please add any details for your component.
- Documentation on Setting up your system for Web Tools Web site development and Using Web Tools Phoenix PHP templates is on the wiki at Web Tools Web Site Development.
- The next Bug Day is December 28th, participation is voluntary.
- Mark any applicable bugs with keyword "bugday", but only if you'll have a representative on hand to respond through Bugzilla or in IRC
- Current WTP Bug Day bugs (~53)
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (Graph)
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (~166)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (~120)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (~1299)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (Graph)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (~3168)
- All WTP Future Bugs (~89)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (Graph)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (~219)
- All API Requests (~11)