WTP/Build/WTP Adding JUnits
< WTP | Build
How To Add a JUnit Project To the WTP Builds
NORMAL (nearly) PROJECT CREATION
- put in cvs
directory should be created first, creating a folder in the 'tests' directory of the component. Then use eclipse wizard to 'share', but don't use default name (that would create a top level project directory) but instead use the 'browse' function to put in the folder created.
- add to appropriate .map file (using the project name, and full cvs name).
it must be added "by hand" to a map file before it can be released with release tool.
- add the project to a features xml file.
NOTE: For test plugins, the test plugin should NOT be packed (there are some ant tasks that use file functions). And, this means to omit the unpack attribute in the feature.xml file.
- (optional) send note to webmaster to have project and its location added to the modules file in CVS, if desired
PROJECT test.xml file
- copy a test.xml file from another project, or use this example from the xml test suite: Test.zip and edit the 3 or 4 things that are project specific:
- plugin name
- main classname that runs all the tests
- type type of test - either
- target="core-test" (if there is no UI required), or
- target="ui-test" (if there is UI required).
- add the test.xml file (using check box in properties editor) to the build.properties file so it'll be included in the "bin" build.
WTP test.xml file
- there is a test.xml file in wtpBuilder that needs updating. Check two spots in that file.
- one is that the target needs to be defined in top part of file or else the plugin included in another existing target, if there is a "family" of tests).
- Then near the bottom the "all" target must be updated to run the test target (unless the new one was just included in an existing one).