WTP/Build/WTP Adding JUnits
How To Add a JUnit Project To the WTP Builds
NORMAL (nearly) PROJECT CREATION
- put in cvs
directory should be created first, creating a folder in the 'tests' directory of the component. Then use eclipse wizard to 'share', but don't use default name (that would create a top level project directory) but instead use the 'browse' function to put in the folder created.
- add to appropriate .map file (using the project name, and full cvs name).
it must be added "by hand" to a map file before it can be released with release tool.
- add the project to a features xml file.
NOTE: For test plugins, the test plugin should NOT be packed (or jarred up) (there are some ant tasks that use file functions). And, this means to omit the
unpackattribute in the feature.xml file.
- (optional) send note to webmaster to have project and its location added to the modules file in CVS, if desired
PROJECT test.xml file
- copy a test.xml file from another project, or use this example from the sse.core test suite and edit the 3 or 4 things that are project specific:
- plugin name
- main classname that runs all the tests
- type type of test, either
- target="core-test" (if there is no UI required), or
- target="ui-test" (if there is UI required).
- add the test.xml file (using check box in properties editor) to the build.properties file so it'll be included in the "bin" build.