< Virgo | Community
Revision as of 12:03, 8 February 2011 by Gnormington.vmware.com (New page: Category:Virgo Category:EclipseRT __NOTOC__ == Attendees == * Borislav Kapukaranov - SAP * Hristo Iliev - SAP * Glyn Normington - VMware * Chris Frost - VMware * Tom Watson - IBM...)
- Borislav Kapukaranov - SAP
- Hristo Iliev - SAP
- Glyn Normington - VMware
- Chris Frost - VMware
- Tom Watson - IBM
- Katya Todorova - SAP
- Pascal Rapicault - Sonatype
- Krassi Semerdzhiev - SAP
- Georgi Stanev - SAP
- Glyn is working on the region digraph and will be adding JMX support next
- Chris is upgrading Equinox to 3.7M5. He has hit Ivy issues with the build directory approach which we will discuss in next week's call. Meanwhile, he is using the SpringSource Enterprise Bundle Repository.
- Borislav has finalised the DS support and discussed region support with Glyn.
- Hristo has been working on p2 integration and launching with Katya.
- The rest of the meeting discussed how to make Virgo installable via p2. Katya demonstrated a prototype successfully laying down a Virgo installation which could then be started in the normal way. There was much discussion of dependency cycles between regions. The following open questions were also discussed:
- The design surrounding the Kernel region started event
- Regions content based on "stable" metadata (no bundle IDs) - how to warm start Virgo and get bundles into the correct regions
- Virgo deployer :
- Based on p2 install
- Option to skip quasi resolving step
- IU for a plan/par/etc - performance improvement
- When should the hooks appear - start level issues?
- How to describe subsystems (p2 metadata) - there wasn't time to discuss this question
- Exported services modeled with metadata - currently there is no p2 metadata for services