Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "Vex/VexCommitterCalls"

< Vex
(Vex Committer Call 2013-11-27)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
__NOTOC__
 
__NOTOC__
We hold a bi-weekly conference call in Skype. If you are interested to participate, just drop a line to [mailto://mylyn-vex-dev@eclipse.org mylyn-vex-dev@eclipse.org] and you will get an invitation. The next call is on November 27th at 21h CEST (GMT+1).
+
We hold a bi-weekly conference call in Skype. If you are interested to participate, just drop a line to [mailto://mylyn-vex-dev@eclipse.org mylyn-vex-dev@eclipse.org] and you will get an invitation. The next call is on Dezember 11th at 21h CEST (GMT+1).
  
 
= Agenda for Upcoming Call =
 
= Agenda for Upcoming Call =

Revision as of 16:28, 27 November 2013

We hold a bi-weekly conference call in Skype. If you are interested to participate, just drop a line to mylyn-vex-dev@eclipse.org and you will get an invitation. The next call is on Dezember 11th at 21h CEST (GMT+1).

Agenda for Upcoming Call

Vex Committer Call 2013-11-27

Participants

  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Busy weeks for everybody, hence no news :-(

Vex Committer Call 2013-11-13

Participants

  • Carsten Hiesserich
  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Work in progress

  • Florian works on performance optimization of the layout algorithm.
  • Carsten works on XIncludes (bug 360067)

Agenda

  • We will use the following template as project setting:
[${task.id}]

Bug: ${task.url}

Vex Committer Call 2013-10-30

Participants

  • Carsten Hiesserich
  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Work in progress

  • Florian works on performance optimization of the layout algorithm.
  • Carsten works on XIncludes (bug 360067)

Vex Committer Call 2013-10-16

Participants

  • Carsten Hiesserich
  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Agenda

  • Gerrit and Hudson

mylyn-docs-vex.gerrit checks Gerrit changes. Florian will create a new CI build for the juno branch.

  • Should IWhitespacePolicy be solely responsible for isBlock/isInline? (Change 17327)

Done.

  • The 1.1M3 Kepler Release is not used by the updater.

Done. Florian will add SDK also to the Juno variant.

  • Resolving of XSDs and system IDs

Carsten found some problems with resolving of XSDs and system IDs. He will document the current state. Then we will decide what will be our next step. This problems are also relevant in connection with the implementation of XIncludes.

  • Templates
    • template documents for document types
    • template content depending on the current context (document type, current element etc.)

Carsten will implement a first prototype.

We will provide a setting on project level, no global setting.

Vex Committer Call 2013-10-02

Participants

  • Carsten Hiesserich
  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Agenda

  • Should we enable Hudson verification for Gerrit reviews?

Florian will work on this.

  • M3 released

Holger will write a blog article.

  • plan for M4
    • Open document in second editor
    • Formatting of XML
    • XInclude
    • Rendering Performance
  • XInclude

There is currently a problem using namespaces in a document that is based on a DTD. Therefor we have to hardcode the support for XIncludes into WTPVexValidator.

Vex Committer Call 2013-09-18

Participants

  • Carsten Hiesserich
  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Agenda

  • Release of 1.1.0 M2: should we do another one with the updated icons included (and everything that came since the current M2 was build)?

We will release a new milestone M3 in the next week. This milestone will include support for processing instructions and the provisional L2 API.

  • Was the switch to Kepler to early?

We want to use e4 features in our UI plug-in. For the transition we want to provide a separate release based on Juno which is maintained on a separate branch. This branch will be terminated with the 1.1 release, which is planned for June 2014

There is some interest in support for XIncludes. Holger will work with Lars on the requirements for a Minimum Viable Product. This feature will be handled with priority for M4.

Florian is working on the analysis.

  • L10N/I18N

We will use MessageFormat.format and we have only message.properties in the main package (where the Activator is) of each bundle.

Vex Committer Call 2013-09-03

Participants

  • Carsten Hiesserich
  • Florian Thienel

Work in Progress

  • Florian finished the work on the morph/canMorph methods in L2 and will start with support for join and wrap operations.
  • Carsten currently works on support for Processing Instructions.
  • A new milestone will be released soon.
  • The DRAFT Plan should be updated.

Vex Committer Call 2013-08-20

Participants

  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Work in Progress

  • Florian currently works on the morph/canMorph methods in L2.
  • Holger currently works on our website.
  • Carsten currently works on the outline provider.
  • A new milestone will be released as soon as Carsten completed the changes of the outline provider.

Vex Committer Call 2013-08-06

Participants

  • Carsten Hiesserich
  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Work in Progress

  • Florian currently works on the morph/canMorph methods in L2.
  • Florian checked in the launch configuration for the Maven plug-in.
  • Carsten works on the outline provider.
  • Holger works on our website.
  • Decision: Committer should set the IP Clean flag.
  • Decision: the charset should be UTF-8 and the line endings should be Unix.

Vex Committer Call 2013-07-23

Participants

  • Carsten Hiesserich
  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Work in Progress

  • Carsten's paperwork is done, he is now a committer. Congrats!
  • We all signed our CLAs.
  • Gerrit was activated for Vex bug 409621
  • Florian currently works on the morph/canMorph methods in L2
  • Carsten works on the outline provider.
  • Holger works on our website.

Vex Committer Call 2013-07-09

Participants

  • Carsten Hiesserich
  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Work in Progress

  • Carsten's paperwork is in the waiting loop at EMO.
  • Florian worked on the split method in IVexWidget.
  • Discussion about using CSS to describe editing behaviour: currently we will use only CSS, no additional configuration or script files.
  • Carsten works on the outline view. bug 407821
  • Holger supervises two students on a XML related semester work.
  • Florian will trigger the activation of Gerrit. bug 409621

Vex Committer Call 2013-06-25

Participants

  • Carsten Hiesserich
  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Work in Progress

  • Carsten was successfully nominated as committer. Some paperwork is still to be done, but he's on the way.
  • Carsten works on the namespace support for attributes bug 410241.
  • Florian works on the clean-up of L2 mainly in BaseVexWidget.
  • Holger is working on his talk for the Java Forum Stuttgart.

Vex Committer Call 2013-06-11

Participants

  • Carsten Hiesserich
  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Work in Progress

  • Florian accepted some new contributions from Carsten Hiesserich.
  • Florian will attend the Munich Demo Camp
  • Carsten found another problem in the XML parser that is used by Vex. A new bug is about to come...
  • We decided to enable Gerrit in the Vex project.
  • Holger is writing the Kepler review for the German Eclipse Magazin.

Vex Committer Call 2013-05-27

Participants

  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Work in Progress

Vex Committer Call 2013-05-14

Participants

  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Work in Progress

Vex Committer Call 2013-04-30

Participants

  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Work in Progress

Vex Committer Call 2013-04-15

Participants

  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Work in Progress

Vex Committer Call 2013-04-02

Participants

  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Work in Progress

Vex Committer Call 2013-03-19

Participants

  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Work in Progress

Vex Committer Call 2013-03-05

Participants

  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Work in Progress

  • Florian works on the public L2 interface (aka IVexWidget).
  • Holger works on the control of the caret outside of the root element.
  • Holger works on our web site http://www.eclipse.org/vex
  • Holger plans to work on the content assist.

Vex Committer Call 2013-02-19

Participants

  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Work in Progress

  • Holger integrates the common text editing commands with Vex (bug 400939).
  • Florian pushed a first draft of the public DOM API (still provisional).

Vex Committer Call 2013-02-05

Participants

  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Work in Progress

  • Milestone 1.1.0 M1 was released last tuesday.
  • Holger will pimp our project page.
  • Florian works on the public DOM API.
  • Plans for the next milestone:
    • cleanup the L2 operations
    • finish the public DOM API
    • support for processing instructions and CDATA sections
    • better docbook support

Vex Committer Call 2013-01-22

Participants

  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Work in Progress

  • Holger works on a screencast (bug 397451).
  • Florian fixed some smaller bugs.
  • Florian upgraded the build to use Tycho 0.16.
  • Florian will prepare the release of the next milestone.
  • Next milestone 1.1.0 M1 will be released on January 29th.

Vex Committer Call 2013-01-08

Participants

  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Work in Progress

  • Holger works on a screencast (bug 397451).
  • Florian finished the DOM refactoring and finally added full support for comments (bug 257806).
  • Next steps are stabilization and smaller bugfixes.
  • Next milestone 1.1.0 M1 will be released on January 29th.

Vex Committer Call 2012-12-11

Participants

  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Work in Progress

  • Holger reviewed Florian's refactorings on dom_refactoring.
  • Holger fixed some compiler errors which occurred when getting Vex from git.
  • Florian continues with the refactoring of the DOM. The changes are available through the public branch "dom_refactoring".

Vex Committer Call 2012-11-27

Participants

  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Work in Progress

  • Holger reviewed Florian's refactorings on dom_refactoring.
  • Florian continues with the refactoring of the DOM. The changes are available through the public branch "dom_refactoring".

Vex Committer Call 2012-11-06

Participants

  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Work in Progress

  • Florian works on a refactoring of the DOM. The changes are available through the public branch "dom_refactoring".
  • Holger visited the EclipseCon Europe last week.

Vex Committer Call 2012-10-16

Participants

  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Work in Progress

  • Florian works on a refactoring of the DOM. The changes are available through the public branch "dom_refactoring".
  • Holger works on the handling of unknown image formats (see also bug 390136)

Vex Committer Call 2012-09-25

Participants

  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Work in Progress

  • Florian works on a refactoring of the DOM. The changes are available through the public branch "dom_refactoring".
  • Holger works on the handling of unknown image formats (see also bug 390136)

Vex Committer Call 2012-09-12

Participants

  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

We finally made the graduation and released 1.0!

Plans for the next version

  • a stable API
  • comfortable content editing functionality

Vex Committer Call 2012-08-14

Participants

  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Work in Progress

  • Florian has triggered the graduation and release review for Vex 1.0. The release is planned for September 9th.
  • Florian configured formatting and clean-up preferences for all Java projects in Vex. Save actions will follow.
  • Florian will create a development branch for future features, planned for Vex 1.1.
  • Florian works on the refactoring of Vex's DOM.
  • The decision to take part in the Kepler release train was postponed.

Vex Committer Call 2012-07-31

Participants

  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Work in Progress

  • Florian will trigger the graduation and release review for Vex 1.0 this week.

Vex Committer Call 2012-07-17

Participants

  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Work in Progress

  • Florian is working on the slides for the graduation and release review for Vex 1.0.

Vex Committer Call 2012-06-19

Participants

  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Work in Progress

  • Florian is working on the slides for the graduation and release review for Vex 1.0.
  • Florian visited the Eclipse Demo Camp Nuremberg and is on the jump to Munich.
  • Holger wrote an article about Juno for the German Eclipse Magazin.

Vex Committer Call 2012-05-22

Participants

  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Work in Progress

  • Holger is working on a bug regarding wrong URI resolving in conjunction with spaces in the installation path of Eclipse.

Vex Committer Call 2012-05-08

Participants

  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Work in Progress

  • Holger is working on a bug regarding wrong URI resolving in conjunction with spaces in the installation path of Eclipse.
  • Florian fixed (bug 377714).

The next milestone release is planned for May 23rd.

Vex Committer Call 2012-04-24

Participants

  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Work in Progress

  • Holger is working on the "create document" wizard.
  • Florian is testing and working on stabilization for a 1.0 release.

Vex Committer Call 2012-03-27

Participants

  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Work in Progress

  • Holger is testing Vex on different Eclipse platforms (3.7, 3.8, 4.2).
  • Florian is testing and working on stabilization for a 1.0 release.

Vex Committer Call 2012-03-13

Participants

  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Work in Progress

  • Holger is testing Vex on different Eclipse platforms (3.7, 3.8, 4.2).
  • Florian works on the branding and will integrate DocBook 5.0 (bug 365754) since (CQ 5868) was finally approved.

Vex Committer Call 2012-02-28

Participants

  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Work in Progress

  • Holger is testing Vex on different Eclipse platforms (3.7, 3.8, 4.2).
  • Florian works on the support for XML comments (bug 257806).

Vex Committer Call 2012-01-24

Participants

  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann
  • Igor Jacy Lino Campista

Piratenpad Meeting Minutes

Vex Committer Call 2012-01-10

Participants

  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Work in Progress

  • Holger tests and debugs the schema support.
  • Holger works on the "New Document" wizard.
  • Florian the missing XML infoset elements (bug 257807, bug 257806, bug 251955)

Vex Committer Call 2011-12-20

Participants

  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Work in Progress

  • Florian works on Schema validation (bug 250838).
  • Florian works on the integration of DocBook 5.0 (bug 365754).
  • Florian wrote an article about Vex for the next issue of the Eclipse Magazin.
  • Holger will test the Schema validation.

Vex Committer Call 2011-12-06

Participants

  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Work in Progress

Vex Committer Call 2011-11-22

Participants

  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Work in Progress

  • Florian works on Schema validation (bug 250838).
  • Holger works on the project website and on bug 362475.

Vex Committer Call 2011-11-15

Participants

  • Florian Thienel
  • Holger Voormann

Work in Progress

  • The move to Mylyn is finished (bug 361995).
  • Florian works on Schema validation (bug 250838).
  • Holger works on the project website and on bug 362475.
  • Holger leads a workshop at the University of Muenster next week.