New and Noteworthy
1.1.0 M2 (2013-09-03)
- Vex is now based on Eclipse Kepler.
- The document outline got a major facelift: it shows icons for the differend kind of nodes, inline elements and the textual content can be included in the outline.
- Plenty of bugs were fixed, especially regarding the support of Docbook (see the full list)
1.1.0 M1 (2013-01-29)
- Vex now has full support for XML comments at every possible position they can have in a document. (bug 257806)
- A major cleanup of the DOM has been done. This was the main step to get a public API for the DOM. The new structure of the DOM is described in detail in our new Architecture Guide.
- The user manual got a little face lift and a first video tutorial has been created.
- Some minor bugs were fixed (see the full list)
1.0.0 M9 (2012-05-29)
- Vex supports editing of XML comments within the root element (full support for comments still to be done). bug 257806
- The indentation and line breaking rules can be configured in the preferences dialog. bug 367925
- Some small bugs were fixed.
1.0.0 M8 (2012-01-04)
- Vex now uses the new namespace
org.eclipse.vex. Unfortunately this will break all existing Vex plug-in projects which reference
org.eclipse.wst.xml.vex. Those can be fixed with a simple search and replace of the namespace in the
vex-plugin.xmlfile. You also have to fix the namespace of the Vex project nature in the .project file.
- XML Schema is now supported to define the structure of documents. bug 250838
- The namespace declarations can be edited for each element in a document. Go to Document > Edit Namespaces...
- A new plug-in (
org.eclipse.vex.projectplan) provides a configuration for the Eclipse project plan schema, which is our reference for document types that use multiple schemas. bug 366469
- The sort order in the insert element popup was tweaked: the elements which start with the given search term now appear before the elements which only contain the search term. bug 362475
1.0.0 M7 (2011-05-03)
1.0.0 M6 (2011-03-15)
- The multi-page editor was deactivated since it is definitely not ready for use and we do not have the capacity at the moment to maintain it.
- The EMF content model was replaced with a hand-crafted content model.
1.0.0 M4 (2010-12-13)
- Documentation of the supported CSS subset in the user manual
- Evaluate the CSS properties width and height to scale images bug 329639
- Use the WTP XML catalog to resolve document types bug 331462
- Support for XHTML 1.0 Strict bug 331615
1.0.0 M3 (2010-11-08)
- Basic image support bug 298912
- Configuration is not serialized anymore bug 324927
and a lot other small changes