Difference between revisions of "Vex/CommitterResources"
(→Vex Committer Calls)
|Line 47:||Line 47:|
Revision as of 16:55, 5 October 2010
- All new enhancements will be unit tested.
- First learn rule number 1.
Getting the Source
The source code for Vex resides in the incubator/sourceediting module within the /gitroot/webtools Git repository. For general information about how to use Git see the EGit User Guide.
The name of the Vex plugin projects are all prefixed with: org.eclipse.wst.xml.vex. The following is a list of where specific items can be found:
- development - the configuration of the automated builds
- plugins - the actual ui and core plugins.
- documentation - eclipse help plugins that contain both user and developer documentation.
- tests - unit test plugins.
- features - features used mainly for update site installation.
Setup a Workspace
- Install the EGit team provider
- Configure and clone the webtools/incubator Git repository including the branch vex-dev:
- Import all projects with the prefix org.eclipse.wst.xml.vex into your workspace
- Checkout the branch vex-dev
- Configure the target definition Vex Helios, which is stored in the releng plug-in
- Use the launch configuration Vex to start a runtime workbench which includes Vex
Patches and Bug Fixes
Please use a local branch for your changes and create a patch as described in the EGit User Guide. At the moment you have to create one patch for each plug-in that you have changed.
Bug fixes that come with unit tests are more likely to be reviewed sooner than those that do not come with unit tests. Patches over 250 lines of code will have to be sent through eclipse IP review.
With that said, we are actively seeking new enhancements and patches for Vex.
Committers watch and hang out on a variety of eclipse resources channels. Include #eclipse irc channel on freenode.net. Also, we monitor both the incubator newsgroup as well as the main webtools newsgroup. Developer questions should be sent to the wtp-incubator mailing list.
Release Integration Build (Committers only)
- Download/install Eclipse Releng tools plug-in (it's at the bottom of the download page of a version/release).
- Right-click on releng.incubator.vex project folder and choose Team > Release...
- Tag name: UTC date/time in the format vYYYYYMMDDHHMM