Introducing VJET ANVILS
(Formerly known as VJET Type libraries)
Navigation - help you navigate the code base based on call hierarchy, references, etc.
Validation - provide semantic validation
Instruction - Helps with inline documentation
Libraries - Packaged as an Eclipse project just import and depend on.
We can think of the vjo.js as being similar to Java Interfaces and Class declarations. We can "describe" the coding contracts only but no their implementation. The implementation is always the real runtime library that would physically be included in your webpage like jquery (<script src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.9.1.min.js";></script>) or server-side Node module being used via require(...).
The ANVIL is read in by the Eclipse IDE and provides the necessary information for it to provide authoring assistance and validations. Authoring assistance would be things like type completion and proposals which are concepts we generally enjoy with typed languages like Java.
Available VJET ANVILs
These ANVILs are part of the VJET project
- Dojo 1.6 [git]
- EcmaScript Ed. 5 api updates [git]
- HTML 5 Canvas 2D API [git]
- jQuery 1.4 [git]
- jQuery Mobile 1.0 Alpha 4.1 (Requires JQuery ANVIL) [git]
- JSON (plans to include in the built in ANVIL) - see bug  [git]
- Node.js 0.4 [git]
3rd party created commercial ANVILs
Under development/ VJET ANVILs
These ANVILs are part of VJET project
- Console [git]
- PerformanceTiming [git]
- SWFObject [git]
- Scriptaculous http://git.eclipse.org/c/vjet/org.eclipse.vjet.typelibs.git/tree/ScriptaculousTL
- Prototype http://git.eclipse.org/c/vjet/org.eclipse.vjet.typelibs.git/tree/PrototypeTL
- PhoneGap/Apache Cordova http://git.eclipse.org/c/vjet/org.eclipse.vjet.typelibs.git/tree/PhoneGapTL
3rd party created/provided ANVILs
NodeJS 0.10 - Mark Palaima http://www.linkedin.com/in/markpalaima