- Project page
- VIATRA2/Project Plan
- VIATRA2/Frequently Asked Questions
The main objective of the VIATRA2 (VIsual Automated model TRAnsformations) framework is to provide a general-purpose support for the entire life-cycle of engineering model transformations including the specification, design, execution, validation and maintenance of transformations within and between various modeling languages and domains.
VIATRA2 intends to complement existing model transformation frameworks in providing
- a model space for uniform representation of models and metamodels
- a transformation language with
- both declarative and imperative features
- based upon popular formal mathematical techniques of graph transformation (GT) and abstract state machines (ASM)
- a high performance transformation engine
- with main target application domains in
- model-based tool integration framework
- model analysis transformations
Further issues frequently asked by users:
Currently, there are two releases of VIATRA2 which are available for download:
- VIATRA2 Release3: the latest and much improved version of VIATRA2. This is the recommended version.
- CVS: you can pull the sources from CVS (see below).
- Update site: You can use the following update site URL to get the latest version: http://viatra.inf.mit.bme.hu/update/R3
- VIATRA2 Release2 (provided for historical purposes only)
- Update site: You can use the following update site URL to get the latest version: http://viatra.inf.mit.bme.hu/update/R2
VIATRA2 is released under the Eclipse Public License v1.0. There are two ways to obtain the sources:
- Development Subversion repository: You can always check out the current development version from our development subversion repository. SVN repository URLs:
- viatra_core/R3: R3 core (stable) components (current version)
- viatra_core/R2: R2 core (stable) components (archived version)
- viatra_extra/R3: R3 extra (experimental) components (current version)
- viatra_extra/R2: R2 extra (experimental) components (archived version)
For instance, the current core components repository URL is: https://svn.inf.mit.bme.hu/viatra/viatra_core/R3. For more details on what you can get from the source repositories see VIATRA2/Components.
- Eclipse.org CVS
We synchronize the developer SVN with the official Eclipse CVS on every milestone release. Currently, you can check out VIATRA2 R3 Release Candidate 2 from the CVS repository: http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/indextech.cgi/gmt-home/subprojects/VIATRA2/sources/R3/.
The official page has details on the available documentation. In short, the following off-line documentation is available: