VIATRA CEP Roadmap for Q4 2014 and Q1 2015
Last revised October 23, 2014
Please send comments about this draft plan to the firstname.lastname@example.org developer mailing list.
For the currently active bugs, see the related page in the Bugzilla.
There is no scheduled date for the first official release of the restarted VIATRA project, but it is expected to go in Q2/Q3 of 2015. In the context of the CEP extension, we follow the checkpoints below.
Checkpoint 1: DSL stabilization
- Fixes, but no enhancements for the DSL
- Typical issues: inconsistent code generation from patterns, shortcomings of the IDE while designing patterns, IncQuery integration
- Targeted date: 2014/Q4 -- December 18
Checkpoint 2: Supporting services
- Generated factories, interfaces should be revised in order to enable more efficient and component-oriented reuse of the event model
- Typical issues: too much coding required for putting the engine to work (common use-cases should be considered), GUI support (e.g. wizards) are not working with E4.4, project builder, automatic dependency management, unit and integration test packages
- Targeted date: 2015/Q1 -- January 31
Checkpoint 3: DSL enhancements
- Targeted date: 2015/Q1 -- February 28
Checkpoint 4: Documentation
- Examples with wiki pages and source code, maybe a users manual or tech report (already got one half-done)
- Targeted date: 2015/Q1 -- March 31