Visual Editor Project 2007-2008 Roadmap
In general the main theme is to get back the project on track and in good shape.
From a goals perspective we have the following alternative: 1/ focus exclusively on Swing, SWT and RCP and do it extremely well. Deprecate everything else. 2/ continue to provide a more generic editing framework, and supporting visual editing of non-java target such as GWT, HTML, Groovy, XForms, Web pages, EXSWT, etc.
My head tells me to go with 1/ and my heart with 2/
- VE 1.3.0 Milestone 1:
Before the end of the year 2007, have a stable working VE based on Europa
- VE 1.3.0 Milestone 2: Q1 2007
-Investigate performance enhancements (single VM) -Fix major bugs - add support for non Java visual target (Groovy contribution, XForms)
- VE 1.3.0 Release: Q2 2008
- VE 1.3.1 : maintenance for 1.3.0 Q3 2008
- VE 1.3.2 : maintenance for 1.3.0 Q4 2008
- VE 1.4.0 Milestone 1: Q2 2008
Work on Ganymede compatibility
- VE 1.4.0 Milestone 2: Q3 2008
- VE 1.4.0 Milestone 3: Q3 2008
- VE 1.4.0 Release: Q4 2008