This document contains one method for installing VE 1.3 for Eclipse 3.4 Ganymede (or Eclipse 3.3 Europa). Nothing on this page is officially supported and is subject to change without notice. If you see an error or omission, please feel free to edit it.
Install VE 1.4 from Update Manager
For a technical reason, we have met a problem to integrate VE build system in Eclipse. We provide here a temporary solution to install VE via Soyatec Web services. If someone familiarizes with releng and intents to help us to fix this problem, please contact email@example.com.
- Download and install Eclipse 3.4 Ganymede for Java development. It could be one of the following distribution:
- - "Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers"
- - "Eclipse IDE for Java Developers"
- - "Eclipse for RCP/Plug-in Developers"
- - "Eclipse IDE for Java and Report Developers"
- Start eclipse and call update manager via the menu: Helps->Softwares Update...
Switch to "Available Softwares" Tab and click on the button "Add site..". In the coming dialog, put the URL http://update.soyatec.org/Ganymede/ve/1.4
- Open all nodes, select the check box "Visual Editor" and click the button "Install"
Download Eclipse for Java EE Developers
- Download and install Eclipse 3.4 Ganymede. The "Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers" bundle contains all plugins needed.
Eclipse 3.4 SDK, then using the Ganymede update site, install the following features:
- EMF Ecore Mapping 2.4
- Graphical Editing Framework GEF 3.4
- JST Web Core 3.0
- JST Web UI 3.0
- WST Common Core 3.0
- Download the latest VE build from ehecht.com and unzip into the eclipse/ folder (Eclipse 3.3) or into the new dropins/ folder (Eclipse 3.4).
- Other installation methods have been archived.