Difference between revisions of "Use case actors"
Revision as of 00:17, 20 October 2006
Use cases serve actors, so here is a high-level look at the key user-actors.
Monitoring in IT Operations involves a series of complex user interfaces which serve many different use cases, performed by different users in different kinds of companies.
The actors, that is the human actors, in these use cases are described as follows:
- The User is anyone who interacts with the user interface to the monitoring application.
- The Admin is a User who has responsibility in the IT team. The Admin is normally responsible for the condition of some or all of the monitored environments.
- The IT Mgr is a User who is the boss of one or more of the Admins. Or, perhaps, the IT Mgr is just an Admin wearing a different hat this afternoon.
- The CIO is the User who has overall responsibility for IT in the company.
- The Software Developer is a User who develops software components for deployment in the monitored environment.
- The Monitor Admin is a User who is responsible for the operation and configuration of the monitoring application.
- The Sys Admin is an Admin who is responsible for the condition of systems and applications.
- The Network Admin is an Admin who is responsible for the condition of the network infrastructure.
Omitted from the set of actors at this stage are a few that would be served by an Eclipse Cosmos monitoring application with a broader scope:
- Security Admin - Admin who is responsible for the security of the infrastructure in the monitored environment.
- Finance Analyst - User who is responsible for accounting for the budget and costs incurred in the monitored infrastructure.
- Telecomm Admin - an Admin who is responsible for the condition of the telecommunications infrastructure.