Use Case - Consuming ODA Data Sources
The Open Data Access (ODA) framework provides a common way for a consumer application to access data from heterogeneous data sources. An application that wants to have a common way to consume any ODA data provider may consume the ODA runtime and design-time APIs.
The ODA framework includes an ODA consumer helper component that assists an ODA consumer application to manage the diverse behavior and capabilities of individual ODA runtime drivers.
Extension Points Involved
Java API Interfaces/Classes
Consuming the oda.consumer component using the same ODA runtime interfaces:
- org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.consumer.helper package
- org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda package (Java interfaces for runtime data access)
- org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.manifest package (utility classes to access the content of individual ODA extension's plug-in manifest)
ODA Design-time API for collecting a data source and data set design by an ODA designer:
- org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.design package
- org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.design.ui.designsession package
BIRT's oda consumer component can be found in its CVS source repository in the org.eclipse.birt.data/org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer package.