Unit-testing specification (Buckminster)
Revision as of 06:49, 23 November 2006 by Thomas.tada.se
A (very) high level spec for the regression test framework
- The tests should be built using the TPTP framework.
- The tests must be able to run on multiple platforms. First out will be Linux and Windows XP.
- The framework must be built using Java, JUnit, and Ant. The section concerning Testing JUnint plug-ins in this TPTP documentation is of particular interest.
- We must have two types of tests:
- JUnit tests that are intended for specific plugins. These tests must be self sufficient and only test aspects of that particular plugin. Each buckminster plugin must provide such tests.
- Specific test plugins that can perform more elaborate testing such as perhaps download a headless buckminster from our download site, configure it according to some specific needs, then run some tests using it.
- All tests must run unattended. The tests will typically run during nightly builds.
- The test should automatically update a web-page (per platform) where the current status of the latest build can be viewed.