UI Best Practices Update Process
Process for Updating the UI Best Practices Guidelines
Make a request
- We will use bugzilla to track the set of topics that people are working on. Look there to see if the topic you wish to write or edit is already being work on. This will tell give you a list of all open bugs against "UI Guidelines" https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&classification=Eclipse+Foundation&product=Community&component=UI+Guidelines&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&status_whiteboard=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED
- File a bugzilla with component “UI Guidelines” (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Community&component=UI%20Guidelines).
- Track the bug. The bug will be the place where your submission is discussed, edits are suggested, etc.
Add your content
- Create a new wiki page linked to Talk:User_Interface_Guidelines and add your content.
- Put a link to this page in your bug.
- Here is a template that you can use for your content: UI Best Practices Template v3.x
Have things reviewed
- Change the status of the bug to resolved with resolution fixed. This will trigger review.
- Wait a while. If there is violent objection someone will reopen the bug. Discussion can happen on the bug thread or UI Best Practices Working Group mailing list. Issues can also be brought up at one of the meetings.
Merge your changes into the drafts
- Move your content from the sandbox to the draft pages here: UI Best Practices v3.x