UI Best Practices Update Process
Revision as of 09:40, 9 February 2007 by Kpeter.ca.ibm.com
Process for Updating the UI Best Practices Guidelines
Make a request
- Look at the discussion page Talk:User_Interface_Guidelines and see if there is already a request. If not:
- File a bugzilla with component “UI Guidelines” (goes to email@example.com)
- Track the bug. The bug will get reviewed and voted on. If it gets enough votes it will be assigned (probably to you if you volunteered to do the work). Otherwise it will be resolved as will not fix.
Add your content
- Create a new wiki page linked to Talk:User_Interface_Guidelines and add your content.
- Put a link to this page in your bug.
- Here is a template that you can use for your content: UI Best Practices Template v3.x
Have things reviewed
- Change the status of the bug to resolved with resolution fixed. This will trigger review.
- Wait a while. If there is violent objection someone will reopen the bug. Discussion can happen on the bug thread or UI Best Practices Working Group mailing list. Issues can also be brought up at one of the meetings.
Merge your changes into the drafts
- Move your content from the sandbox to the draft pages here: UI Best Practices v3.x