UI Best Practices Working Group Meeting - 2006-09-27
Attending: Neil Hauge (haig) Oracle, Dali-WTP; Michael Scharf (windriver); Tom Gullion (Borland GMF); Susan Yeshin (IBM Rational); Raji Akenna (IBM Lotus); Boris Bokowski (IBM); Brian Fitzpatrick (DTP Sybase); Bob Fraser (BEA); Troy Beecroft (BEA); Wayne Beaton (Eclipse Foundation)
- There were many new members, so we went around and made introductions.
- A little history was presented and we caught up new members.
- We reviewed the User Interface Best Practices Working Group Charter Related Activities with the goal of creating a proposal to the Planning Council.
- Link to UI Best Practices Working Group activities
- We agreed to propose to the planning council that the output of the Post Mortems should be a requirement for participation in the simultaneous release.
- We agreed to propose that the Project Show and Tells should be a recommended activity.
- We agreed to propose that the output of the UI POLISH REVIEW should be a requirement as part of the release exit criteria.
- The meeting time was awkward for some, so we moved it ½ hour later.
- Action items:
- Action – ask for volunteers for project show and tell.
- Identify and set up a category for this working group.
- Note this has happened and there is a category “User Interface Best Practices Working Group”