Tycho 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT is currently in development. To try out the most recent snapshot build, simply add the following snippet to your (parent) pom.xml or settings.xml, and set the property for the Tycho version (e.g. tycho-version) to 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT.
<pluginRepositories> <pluginRepository> <id>tycho-snapshots</id> <url>https://repo.eclipse.org/content/repositories/tycho-snapshots/</url> </pluginRepository> </pluginRepositories>
SNAPSHOT site docs
New and Noteworthy
- Tycho's dependencies have been updated where necessary to support running the build using Java 9
- the JDT compiler shipped with Tycho has been updated to Photon M4
- Compilation both using Java 9 as well as using Java 8 but compiling against Java 9 ( with useJDK=BREE) is supported now (bug 514471)
- Changes for useJDK=BREE:
- Usage of a JRE directory JAVA_HOME/jre in toolchains.xml is still supported but deprecated in favour of simply using JAVA_HOME. In particular, JAVA_HOME is expected by other maven plugins integrated with toolchains.xml
- plexus-archiver was updated to version 3.4
- commons-compress was updated to version 1.15
- Tycho's embedded OSGi runtime has been updated to use Equinox and p2 from Oxygen.2 (
Release and Versioning
- Support for using maven-release-plugin with Tycho has been contributed (
bug 342893), see release workflow docs
- Added new goal mvn org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-versions-plugin:update-eclipse-metadata (bug 342893) which will update MANIFEST/feature.xml/product versions based on their respective pom versions. This is useful e.g. if you changed pom versions using maven-release-plugin. For more details about using the maven release plugin with Tycho see Tycho/Release_Workflow.